How do I sign off AIM?

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
I logged into to AIM on my iPhone. Everything works great, but I can't find anything to sign off. Now I'm stuck online and need help. How do I sign-off?

Last edited by a moderator:

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
im having the same problem..not sure what the deal is here...but this app sucks IMO...not ready for distribution at all...

robbys

Feb 25, 2007
Agreed

I totally agree this is not ready for distribution. It didn't even load my current buddy list from the servers. I remember reading somewhere that when you exit out of the application it signs you off automatically, but they'll be an update soon for 3g (because with EDGE if you're using data you can't make or receive calls, but with 3g you can do both simultaneously).

vip

Jul 10, 2008
but when you go press the home button you sign off. now thats the problem after enabling that feature.
Wouldn't the app be using Apples push services? I assume since the REAL release is tomorrow, that things should be working much better.

The whole idea of the instant messaging native apps is to be able to use it the background. So if you do hit the home button, you should still be able to receive IM's pushed to your phone.

Thoughts?

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Wouldn't the app be using Apples push services? I assume since the REAL release is tomorrow, that things should be working much better.

The whole idea of the instant messaging native apps is to be able to use it the background. So if you do hit the home button, you should still be able to receive IM's pushed to your phone.

Thoughts?
this is true, however steve said it wouldn't be made available right away, but at a later time.

vip

Jul 10, 2008
this is true, however steve said it wouldn't be made available right away, but at a later time.
later date? this is why i hate Apple.. everything is at a later date...

f'n pisses me off..

i have a love hate relationship with them....

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
If you want to be sure it's killed, while in the AIM app just hold down the home button for 8 seconds and it will force quit the application.