How do I transfer pictures from my laptop to my iPhone?

StephenBenzamin

Nov 25, 2011
In windows you should have the scanner/camera wizard to do this.Go to My Computer and your iPhone should be listed there. Double click until you find the pictures located on your iPhone. Then, you can copy and paste them wherever you want them.

derohanes

Apr 3, 2010
I've done that, but when I drag and drop, the cursor shows the circle with the slash through it indicating it won't let me transfer it.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I bought an app prior to iCloud and after mobile me. It's called transfer on the app store.
You can move pics to laptop, from laptop to your Apple devices I personally used transfer a LOT which was easier and cheaper than buying the USB adaptor plug in for the iPad. :)

Love the iPad use it more than my laptop BUT still need a laptop or Mac for iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

67Malibugirl

Jan 17, 2012
You guys don't see the photos tab in iTunes? When the phone is plugged in and recognized by iTunes and you then click on the phone in the left menu you should have the set of tabs and one of them is for Photo syncing. See this image:
The photo tab does not allow me to check anything (blacked out). Thanks!

Luke Best

May 12, 2012
I am having problems putting my photos onto my iPhone 4s. I open iTunes select my phone and I have found the photos link I click on that and it comes up saying Sync Photos From .... then it says Choose folder. I select the folder that my photos are in which is on my desktop folder called images and then I select that folder and nothing happens. I click on apply and then iTunes just freezes. Someone PLEASE HELP!

I am using a laptop with Windows 7.

J

jimholy

Using iTunes
1. Select the iPhone in Devices section of iTunes. Click the "Photos" tab.
2. Click the "Sync Photos From" check box and then select an application or folder from the drop-down menu beside it. Click "Apply" and then click "Sync."
3. Open the application or folder you chose to view the photos after they have been imported from the iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
You can also send them to your email on your phone then save the images there. Works great for those of us who choose not to use iTunes
I like the email solution because once saved to the camera roll, they can be deleted on the phone. If they're synced to the phone, you can't delete them on the phone. It has to be done on computer. Apple needs to fix that. Makes no sense.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

RoamingGnome

Jun 4, 2015
On the PC the easiest way to get pictures from your iPhone is to just use Windows Explorer, but there’s a way to go about this:
* Plugin your iPhone to the computer without iTunes running
* Wait for a popup asking you what you want to do with the device
* Select “View Content”
* Find your photos through the folders that are displayed
* Copy in Windows as usual

MR S

May 4, 2017
HOW TO TRANSFER PHOTOS FROM IPHONE TO COMPUTER

Step 1

Plug USB from IPhone to computer

YOU WILL NOT FIND THE IPHONE ICON IN MY COMPUTER UNTIL YOU FIX IT!

Step 2

Go to control panel and open devices and printers

Step 3

If you see a yellow triangle on IPhone icon right click to automatically fix it

Step 4

Import Photos if you want