How do I turn off iMessage and use regular text messages

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
How do I get rid of my email address from iMessage? Do I delete it through the settings app and disable it there too?
Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Tap on your Apple ID/email > Sign Out

Turn iMessages off after you do this.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can uncheck your email address through settings - messages. If on Mac you can go to preferences and remove it as well.
You're causing some confusion here. Why would he want to remove it on his Mac (if he has one)? He's only selling the iPad, therefore it's only necessary to remove it on the iPad.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
You're causing some confusion here. Why would he want to remove it on his Mac (if he has one)? He's only selling the iPad, therefore it's only necessary to remove it on the iPad.
You're right, I edited my post. It takes you straight to new post which messed me up in responding to the question.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Also before clicking erase all content and settings is there anything else I should disable so that no personal information is left? For instance is there anything I need to do with iCloud?

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited:

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Also before clicking erase all content and settings is there anything else I should disable so that no personal information is left? For instance is there anything I need to do with iCloud?

Sent using iCafe app
By clicking erase all content, this will remove everything and you won't have to worry after selling it.

Of course also it's best to backup via iTunes if you're going to purchase a new iPad.

Last edited: