How Long Did You Wait?

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I don't know if someone has already created a thread like this, but im curious...:laugh2:
1. How long did you wait in line for the iPhone?
2. What number were you?
3. Did you get an iPhone, and if so 4gb or 8gb?
1. got there 9:15 AM-ish.
2. I was number 20 or so.
3. Yes I got one 4 GB.

jhowton

Jul 1, 2007
Walked into the Woodfield mall store on Saturday ~10:00am, no line, no waiting. I bought an 8Gb model but they had plenty of both.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
got there (ATT) 1 hr early

32nd

then 2 hr past 6 till out the door -- really slow sales due to servers down hinted at activation nightmare to come

8G

iPhone-Planet

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
My local AT&T store had nobody waiting outside at 2pm, two people got there before me at 3pm, so I was number 3. At 6 pm there were seven people in line.
They came out and told us Apple was buying the stores, all 1800 of them, dinner and they had to set things up inside. They got pizza delivered around 5:45pm.
They also told us that only 3 at a time could go in! They told me to go in and see Joe. I was in and out first in only a couple minutes. At first upon joining the two people in line outside, I felt like an idiot/jerk for thinking I needed to join them.
I thought someone here said there would be 200 phones at each store. An ITT student behind me said he felt maybe 15 to 25 phones, so I felt more cool with standing in line and also knew now, that most people including those two ahead of me, were there because they did not know how many phones were available.
The employees said they had not seen a phone nor could they play with one even when they went on sale. They said they could not buy one either, not yet.
So I went back Saturday morning and let them play with mine and they loved it, ignoring their custiomers for over 20 minutes. Some of the custiomers were smiling and oohing and aahhing as well.
Bought a plastic holder/belt clip and dropped it on the road crossing a busy street in Pittsburgh when we went car shopping saturday. The clip contraption was a piece of junk and fell apart when my arm brushed it slightly as I walked across the street. This clear plastic piece of crap is on sale at the store.

ijoy24

Jul 2, 2007
1. No wait at all. Called Apple store at my local mall and told me there was no line(this was at 10pm on Fri night). Just walked in,played with the phone and walked to desk and bought one. (All in 15 min)

2. N/A

3. 8GB

aikopua3

Jun 9, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa.
1. No wait at all. Called Apple store at my local mall and told me there was no line(this was at 10pm on Fri night). Just walked in,played with the phone and walked to desk and bought one. (All in 15 min)

2. N/A

3. 8GB
waited 2hrs. was 6th in line. 4th out of the AT&T with an 8gb

vkuber

Jul 2, 2007
Irvine, CA
less then 2 minutes. I am a att customer for years, then went to cingular after att went away. I turned my treo off before I clicked continue, to activate the changes / phone. Maybe that helps some of you guys? You guys leaving the old phone on and then trying to auth it?

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
3 1/2 hours
Got there at 2:30p.
BIZ MARKIE was 3rd in line(he paid someone to wait for him)
Got pic w/him and my 8GIG iPHO

Mustang05

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
11.5 hrs. Yes it was long but all in all i had a good time talking to people i didn't know
5th in line
8 gig.

T Mac5b

Jun 30, 2007
I got there around 8 30 pm, there was no line, so I walked in, and got out with my 4gb phone.