How many here dropped Verizon for the iPhone?

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I dropped VZN for the iPhone and have dopped calls daily, no service at home and about a block around my home. I, like everyone else hopes that ATT builds more towers. Ironic though that ATT says they are the carrier with the least dropped calls, I think not.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
My entire family is on Verizon but that was not going to stop me from getting the iPhone. I gave my old phone and # to my son so I didn't technically switch. So my wife, son, and data card are still on Verizon and we have another work expense with the ATT bill. :)

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I did and it was one the hardest things I've ever had to do. They were seriously so good to me, bent over backwards all the time to make sure I was a happy customer. Only something as revolutionary as the iPhone could have gotten me to drop Verizon.
Had to do the same thing man i feel the same way. :eek:

rebelace

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Beaumont,Texas
www.thechadburge.com
i switched from verizon i was just getting tired of red i hate red and they have to mess up every phone they touch. I loved when i called them to cancel and they asked why i said iPhone and then the lady calmly and confidently said "sir we have phones that are comparable to the iPhone" and i laughed my ass off.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well while my wife and I won't be switching from verizon we will be switching from t-mobile.

My contract with them is already up and my wifes will be up in september of 08. Although that's over a years time to wait, I can't wait for better coverage and oh yeah, the iPhone ill be getting then will be nice also.

T-mobile does have very friendly customer service with the know how but as someone stated above, how many times will I really even need to speak with customer service? I'm not worried about that sort of thing.

Here where I live in Alabama t-mobile coverage is rich within medium to large cities, but get outside of that area or leave the interstate you can forget it!

My job requires me to travel to very rural areas about 60% of the time and its frustrating not having service that you pay for. My brother and another co-worker both have AT&T and travel along with me and they have had service 99% of the places we've been and yes, I compare they're "bars" to mine as a test wherever we go.

Also, t-mobile as far as I'm concerned has mostly crap phones also. AT&T seems to score all the latest in hardware worth its weight.

So I welcome the change and can't wait. And really can't wait to join the iarmy!

I apologize for the ranting, and I will keep following iPhone news and this great site until "the" day arrives.

Hmmmmm...now I wonder what will be new on the iPhone in a years time, hopefully it will just keep getting more and more exciting!

Thanks.

Errk!

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Well while my wife and I won't be switching from verizon we will be switching from t-mobile.

My contract with them is already up and my wifes will be up in september of 08. Although that's over a years time to wait, I can't wait for better coverage and oh yeah, the iPhone ill be getting then will be nice also.

T-mobile does have very friendly customer service with the know how but as someone stated above, how many times will I really even need to speak with customer service? I'm not worried about that sort of thing.

Here where I live in Alabama t-mobile coverage is rich within medium to large cities, but get outside of that area or leave the interstate you can forget it!

My job requires me to travel to very rural areas about 60% of the time and its frustrating not having service that you pay for. My brother and another co-worker both have AT&T and travel along with me and they have had service 99% of the places we've been and yes, I compare they're "bars" to mine as a test wherever we go.

Also, t-mobile as far as I'm concerned has mostly crap phones also. AT&T seems to score all the latest in hardware worth its weight.

So I welcome the change and can't wait. And really can't wait to join the iarmy!

I apologize for the ranting, and I will keep following iPhone news and this great site until "the" day arrives.

Hmmmmm...now I wonder what will be new on the iPhone in a years time, hopefully it will just keep getting more and more exciting!

Thanks.
I tried T-Mobile once and returned my phone and cancelled the service after a few days. I couldn't get a signal anywhere near my home, and I live in a good-sized town...put it this way: I don't have any coverage issues with AT&T.