How many rollover minutes do you have?

How many rollover minutes do you have?

• What are these rollover minutes of which you speak? I must haz some!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

comfynumb

Bronze
Nov 25, 2010
Scranton Pa
I had over 16,000 till I recently changed my plan. yes ATT took my rollover minutes but I obviously needed to change my family plan and lower the the minutes. They left me with 5,000..

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
How do y'all get those numbers? I know there is a number to text or something, right?
Sent from my iPhone
*3282# 'call' that number and you will get a txt for your data usage. For the rollover minutes/info I just use the AT&T app.

Sent from my iPhone

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I know. I think I hate talking on the phone more than you. Lol
Change the plan and loose unlimited data... Hmmm... I'm on wifi 90% of the time anyway.

Sent from my iPhone
The problem there is that you never get it back.

comfynumb

Bronze
Nov 25, 2010
Scranton Pa
The problem there is that you never get it back.
Once you cancel your unlimited data you mean? That's what I was told and that's why I won't give up my unlimited data that I've had for 5 years.. Unless you've had it for awhile you can't get unlimited with ATT..

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Wow. There's an overwhelming surplus of rollover minutes here! AT&T must be thrilled with how this is working out for them - not only are customers not using all of the minutes they pay for every month, they're not even using those extra minutes, ever. I'm not a let's-start-a-petition kind of girl but I bet we could get something going to give feedback to AT&T that rollover minutes have little value and rollover data/messages would be better.

Reactions: Bennyboy

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
We should! But what would we need to do? I don't see why there can't be. If we use 199.9MB, we still pay $15 and att gets $15c if we use 100MB we still pay the same price and att gets the same. They aren't losing any money, considering you can't back off of a data plan, and if your at 200MB you cant go down any lower.

And if we do get a petition going, it's gonna bring tons of users here!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Wow. There's an overwhelming surplus of rollover minutes here! AT&T must be thrilled with how this is working out for them - not only are customers not using all of the minutes they pay for every month, they're not even using those extra minutes, ever. I'm not a let's-start-a-petition kind of girl but I bet we could get something going to give feedback to AT&T that rollover minutes have little value and rollover data/messages would be better.
I'm in! I was thinking about this before. If AT&T, one horrible day, insists that people who decide to upgrade their iPhone to the new one coming out get a new Data Plan and they extinguish the Unlimited I have had since 08', then my surplus rollover minutes put towards a new Data Plan would make the transition much better.

I wonder if they would consider doing that for the long-time customers who have left Verizon or any other competing carrier. They should look into it. If they do something revolutionary like allowing users to turn in their rollover minutes past minutes and future minutes towards a new Data Plan. They would show all the other carriers, (Verizon) up big time! People who were thinking of leaving AT&T might just stay. People who were thinking of leaving Verizon for the iPhone on AT&T and then decided not to, might just jump ship. Other people who think they have a choice between Verizon and AT&T for the iPhone might just come to AT&T who allows you to use your Rollover Minutes towards your Data Plan so you never loose a thing.

WOW! What a campaign!

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
This is just an observation. With the huge swell in smartphone sales and usage, I would not be surprised to find out that providers such as AT&T are less concerned with talk and much more concerned with data. I envision the future of phone calls being completely digital done over Wifi type networks. This isn't to say AT&T would not remain the provider, but I see a huge shift in technology. I just read an article about 802.22 new wireless standard set by IEEE going into build now - this means transmitting Wifi over the abandoned analog signal or "White Space" that analog TV used to use. They guess 1 signal can be picked up around 22mbps at a distance of 60 miles. Now I have no idea of the bandwidth capabilities of this etc, but i think technologies like this are what is in store for the future of our cellphones. All that being said, my belief is talk and data will merge at some point and minutes will be an idea of the past. You will simply pay whatever you pay per month. I know I talk a lot over skype/facetime/tango on my iPhone and thereforee do not use my minutes - hence the large amount of rollovers.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
This is just an observation. With the huge swell in smartphone sales and usage, I would not be surprised to find out that providers such as AT&T are less concerned with talk and much more concerned with data. I envision the future of phone calls being completely digital done over Wifi type networks. This isn't to say AT&T would not remain the provider, but I see a huge shift in technology. I just read an article about 802.22 new wireless standard set by IEEE going into build now - this means transmitting Wifi over the abandoned analog signal or "White Space" that analog TV used to use. They guess 1 signal can be picked up around 22mbps at a distance of 60 miles. Now I have no idea of the bandwidth capabilities of this etc, but i think technologies like this are what is in store for the future of our cellphones. All that being said, my belief is talk and data will merge at some point and minutes will be an idea of the past. You will simply pay whatever you pay per month. I know I talk a lot over skype/facetime/tango on my iPhone and thereforee do not use my minutes - hence the large amount of rollovers.
Ah interesting observation! I like it! Makes lots of sense! Thanks for sharing that info! Gotta do some reading on 802.22 myself.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I would link you to the article but I am not sure its allowed. Mods? Its just that its on another tech blog outside of our favorite EIC lol
PM it to me if you don't mind. I actually went to Google and looked up 802.22 and man oh man I don't know where to begin. I suppose need the kindergarden of 802.22.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey