how many without an iPhone?

iphone or not?

• yes! i have an iphone 3G

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • yes! i have the v1, and i don't plan to upgrade.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • yes, i have the v1, but i'm holding off on buying the 3g until the "next version" comes out

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • no, i don't. but i'm thinking of buying one

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • no, i don't. i'm waiting until the "next version" comes out

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
just curious to know how many people in the forums don't have an iPhone. i know some people are looking into buying one or waiting for the "next version" or whatever.

and if you don't, what phone do you currently have?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't have an iPhone yet. That might change this summer when the 3rd Gen is released and lives up to expectations. I'm pretty confident it will. I don't think I can wait for a 4th Gen iPhone. Right now I'm using Sprint but my contract ended last September. I have just an ordinary Samsung multi-media flip phone. I have had it nearly 2 and a half years. So, an upgrade to the iPhone will be a huge leap for me. I can hardly wait. I joined this Forum to read up as much as I can on the iPhone. I have also started downloading certain Apps that I know I will use.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
When the first iPhone came out I discovered this Forum and lurked in the shadows learning all I could and when the 3G came out I bought it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I know there are folks who will gripe that there's no "Yes! I have a 3G and will upgrade" option.

I'm option #3.

AngusG

Feb 1, 2009
Australia
I'm a 2nd Gen iPod Touch user.. At the time it was too much to buy out my N95 contract.. I wanted an mp3 player that interfaced better with iTunes though... and wanted the PDA functionality..

At the end of the day I think this is the best option for me.. I love the 32gb of memory, how thin it is and the extra battery life.. I'm also not one to normally sleep with my mobile phone beside my bed..

I might see what the next model holds..

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I tend to buy the product first and then seek out the forums. But, yes, I have a 3G and yes, I had a v1 and yes, I will be upgrading to the v3 as long as AT&T/Apple allows for an upgrade. (I do have an account over 100 bucks and I am the primary, so I know I can do the every 12 months upgrade thing, but I don't konw if they'll be pulling some BS when the time comes.)

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I know there are folks who will gripe that there's no "Yes! I have a 3G and will upgrade" option.

I'm option #3.
i knew i was missing something... theres no way to chage it is there?

but however this is just assuming there will be a new one this year... which i highly doubt...

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
I'm fairly new to the forum and new to the iPhone. I have an iPhone 3G and voted accordingly. I've owned it now for just coming up on three weeks. I've wanted an iPhone since the first one came out but was holding off. The price of the phone was a major deterrent for me. When the 3G came out I knew that I needed to have one and that was confirmed as a couple of my friends started to get them. I have been with Sprint for the last 10 years and was using the various incarnations of the Treo smart-phones. The last I had was the 755P. I was basically happy with the phone and the service but recently just wanted more of what an "all in one" type of phone could offer. I'm thrilled with the 3G. The internet is plenty fast, the email is great and easy to use and reply with. The apps are simply amazing to me. While the Treo would do all of that in some form or another, the screen was half the size and the internet speed was really dismal. The two things I miss are a good MS Office application for the iPhone and the ability to tether and use the phone as a modem. The Treo had both. I understand that there will be a version of documents to go released for the iPhone and honestly since it does email and web so well I haven't really missed the PAM option to this point.

dt808

Bronze
Feb 5, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I have a voyager with Verizon. My contract has been up for a while, so I'm looking into buying an iPhone. Just about everyone I know has one, so I might make the switch.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I'm using a Q9h with a year remaining on my contract so I have to wait at least another 6 months to upgrade so I can safely vote for "no, i don't. but i'm thinking of buying one" and for "i'm waiting until the "next version" comes out". I have a v1 MBP and vow to never buy v1 again. I have a severe case of upgrade-itis coupled with a limited budget, sigh!

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I tend to buy the product first and then seek out the forums. But, yes, I have a 3G and yes, I had a v1 and yes, I will be upgrading to the v3 as long as AT&T/Apple allows for an upgrade. (I do have an account over 100 bucks and I am the primary, so I know I can do the every 12 months upgrade thing, but I don't konw if they'll be pulling some BS when the time comes.)

Can you explain what that means? if your the primary and your account is over $100 im the primary and our account is about 155 a month.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Can you explain what that means? if your the primary and your account is over $100 im the primary and our account is about 155 a month.
AT&T uses a variable "loyalty" program that changes for length of service and monthly charges per line.

Monthly charges per line 18-23 months since activation/upgrade

Greater than $99

Additional $50 off our standard 2-year service agreement discount

Between $69 and $98.99 Standard 2-year service agreement discount*

Less than $68.99Standard 2-year service agreement discount begins after 20 months

24+ months since activation/upgrade

Greater than $99
Additional $100 off our standard 2-year service agreement discount

Between $69 and $98.99
Additional $50 off our standard 2-year service agreement discount*

Less than $68.99 99Standard 2-year service agreement discount begins after 20 months