How to add custom ringtones by WJP09 with Pictures and Videos.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Lets just say I completely messed up one time, and nothing happened. You would REALLY need to WANT to brick your iPhone to do it.

The warning is just there givin the off chance some goober's house gets struck by lighting and over loads the iPhone. :)

But really I would say <1% chance of brick. Lower than that even. I haven't heard of it EVER getting bricked from this.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
I noticed on my phone there are ringtones that are not actually there because I had a typo in the name. Is there anyway to remove these files?
When I do an LS in the directory i see them but DEL or RM do not seem to be working.

Thanks

glenrich78

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
ok, I'm just about to try this for myself for the first time...1 thing though, when you said hit restore on iTunes and then unplug the iPhone...how long do you wait to unplug it after you have hit restore? 5 secs, 1 min? I'm asking this because i just hit restore and a warning screen came up saying this will delete all my songs etc. which obviously i don't want to happen. Appreciate it.

sumarayn

Jul 8, 2007
RIngtones!

It took me two hours but I finally got ringtones. Thanks Applegeeks!:laugh2:

Press and hold the Power button until your iPhone says "Slide to power off

Slide the red slider and let the phone shut down. Take iPhone off dock. Plug the dock cable back in.
If the iPhone doesn't turn on by itself, press and release the power button
When the Apple logo appears, press and hold both the Power and Home buttons.
http://www.youtube.com/v/6xPbPbrFo2Q
The phone will power off (keep holding the buttons!) and restart.
Soon it will display a yellow triangle and the message "Connect to iTunes

At this point Jailbreak will begin performing mysterious operations on your phone. Wait for it to complete and don't touch anything. You should receive this message at the end:
Enjoy your newfound freedom. Thank the devs at #iPhone next time you see them for making this all possible.
p.s. Like most other useful tools, this one may be dangerous if used carelessly. Always remember -- You brick it, you bought it.

Uploading the ringtone to the iPhone(Here's where you start if you've already done the whole process but want to add another ringtone later on)
Go to the File in which all your others are in mine would be iPhoneMOD and open the file iPHONEINTERFACE.exe

It will say WAITING FOR iPHONE
Enter these commands, which will create the Ringtone directory (if not already present) and set it as the upload directory:
mkdir /var/root/Library/Ringtones
cd /var/root/Library/Ringtones

*NOTE* THE PIC BELOW IS INCORRECT. IT NEEDS TO BE CAPITAL "L" IN Library and CAPITAL "R" in Ringtones*

*NOTE* THE PIC Above IS INCORRECT. IT NEEDS TO BE CAPITAL "L" IN Library and CAPITAL "R" in Ringtones*

For each ringtone you want to upload: Type
putfile /var/root/Library/Ringtones/xxxxxx.m4a

Where xxxxxx is the name of your m4a found in your directory. Mine would be iPhoneMOD.

YOUR DONE! High Five! Now all you need to do is power off the iPhone and Turn it back on. Something which was not clarified in the Text Tutorial.

FINAL RESULT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oBVl-vhJGR4

CLARIFICATIONS: http://www.youtube.com/v/22Yu4tzZK5Y
There may be some misunderstanding about the command prompt.

THANKS TO: Apple for making a great device, cre.ations.net for hosting the original tutorial, ziel for making the jail break program, EVERYTHINGiPhone.com and its members for being such a great place, and CHRIS admin of everythingiPhone for keeping the site going.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
ok, I'm just about to try this for myself for the first time...1 thing though, when you said hit restore on iTunes and then unplug the iPhone...how long do you wait to unplug it after you have hit restore? 5 secs, 1 min? I'm asking this because i just hit restore and a warning screen came up saying this will delete all my songs etc. which obviously i don't want to happen. Appreciate it.

You unplug it once you see the UPDATE(which is used to restore the iPhone)
begins to download. Since iTunes dosn't come with this already. It needs to go and get it.

You may get an error saying there was a problem with the restore and hit OK. You didn't want to restore anyay.

Then continue.

sixkilla22

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Perth Amboy NJ
I have a problem: I tried this a few times and it didn't work. The first few times i did it i was able to start the downloading in iTunes after starting restore and unpluging my iPhone. But as soon as the download finished i would get an error message (cant remember what it said, didn't pay much attention to it at the time). Now when i try to restore the download does not start up....The phone just restores (even if i plug it out after hitting restore the download wont start up)

Can anyone help me?

glenrich78

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
ok, i went through the whole setup but when i run jailbreak and hook up my iPhone jailbreak says the following:

USBMUXLISTENERCREATE: NO ERROR

Any ideas where i may have gone wrong?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I have a problem: I tried this a few times and it didn't work. The first few times i did it i was able to start the downloading in iTunes after starting restore and unpluging my iPhone. But as soon as the download finished i would get an error message (cant remember what it said, didn't pay much attention to it at the time). Now when i try to restore the download does not start up....The phone just restores (even if i plug it out after hitting restore the download wont start up)

Can anyone help me?
Six killa you don't want to restore. You ust want to tell iTunes to do that so you can get the UPDATE FILE.

As for the other error I have never seen. Try Re downloading jailbreak11

nephew87

Jul 16, 2007
I followed the tutorial and it worked perfectly thank You

but...anyway to delete the ringtones uploaded?

what do you mean by removing directory?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
The command rmdir Stands for remove directory.
If you remember we used the command mkdir make directory. We are just removing 'rmdir' the one we made 'mkdir'