How to add lyrics to songs?

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Anyone figure out how to get the lyrics to show up on top of the Album Artwork? I've been trying and can't find any setting to enable it. Yes, there are lyrics attached to the songs I am trying to get it to work for

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
From everything I have read, you must actually copy and paste the lyrics into the section on iTunes. It will not automatically do it.

Kind of makes this useless unless you have a lot of time on your hands.

what section in iTunes

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Nvm, i figured out that to get the lyrics to show up, you must tap the album artwork just like if you wanted to adjust the time on the song.

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Anyone figure out how to get the lyrics to show up on top of the Album Artwork? I've been trying and can't find any setting to enable it. Yes, there are lyrics attached to the songs I am trying to get it to work for
go to the song(s) you want to add lyrics for, (in iTunes) right click on the song and select get info, then click on the lyrics tab in the window that pops up and paste the lyrics into the box. then click ok

after you are done with that, either sync, or drag and drop the song into the iPhone (yes, it does work now, see my thread titled "disk mode? no, drag and drop? YES") then once it is done, go to the ipod and find the song(s) you added lyrics to, and just like you would tap the album art to display the "fast forward" bar and shuffle/repeat, tap the album art (while the music is PLAYING) and the lyrics pop up =] i think t is quite nicely implemented

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
go to the song(s) you want to add lyrics for, (in iTunes) right click on the song and select get info, then click on the lyrics tab in the window that pops up and paste the lyrics into the box. then click ok

after you are done with that, either sync, or drag and drop the song into the iPhone (yes, it does work now, see my thread titled "disk mode? no, drag and drop? YES") then once it is done, go to the ipod and find the song(s) you added lyrics to, and just like you would tap the album art to display the "fast forward" bar and shuffle/repeat, tap the album art (while the music is PLAYING) and the lyrics pop up =] i think t is quite nicely implemented
Do you know how to do it on the Mac? Without my right clicker I am lost. thanks!

Novembers Paul

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Here's a free, and simple solution to get lyrics for your entire song library...

First, Download the program GimmeSomeTune

Next, Download the iTunes Script NeedleDrop

After you install, run the program Gimme Some Tune. You will see a music note at the top of your screen. Use the preferences/Artwork Lyrics, and check on "Fetch Lyrics from internet when song has none"

Go back to the music note icon, and click Show Lyrics.

Select the top track in iTunes, so it's highlighted.

Run the Needle Drop script, set the track play for 3 or 4 seconds, and watch it go.

Having the "Show Lyrics" box open will let you see when it finds the song. It will then automatically save the lyrics to your songs. Let it run overnight, and enjoy!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Here's a free, and simple solution to get lyrics for your entire song library...

First, Download the program GimmeSomeTune

Next, Download the iTunes Script NeedleDrop

After you install, run the program Gimme Some Tune. You will see a music note at the top of your screen. Use the preferences/Artwork Lyrics, and check on "Fetch Lyrics from internet when song has none"

Go back to the music note icon, and click Show Lyrics.

Select the top track in iTunes, so it's highlighted.

Run the Needle Drop script, set the track play for 3 or 4 seconds, and watch it go.

Having the "Show Lyrics" box open will let you see when it finds the song. It will then automatically save the lyrics to your songs. Let it run overnight, and enjoy!

Hope this helps!
this method was first posted over on macrumors in this thread. the least you could do is credit the original author...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It depends how old/new your mac is; older macs have a one-click mouse, where as newer ones include a mighty mouse which incorporates 4 different buttons and a scroll wheel.
I see...my mac is new, so I have a wired mighty mouse. Don't know much about macs yet, still learning.

Novembers Paul

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
this method was first posted over on macrumors in this thread. the least you could do is credit the original author...
He must be the ONLY person to have ever used this method. Please...

Since that must be an exclusive, you can also try other software I used to collect lyrics years ago (The 5G iPod could display lyrics as well.) The best at the time, and if you can still find it would be pearlyrics. It's a widget and will work in combination with NeedleDrop, but stopped being distributed in 06. Search for it in blogs through Google, and you can still find it.

Another option is Canto Pod, another widget. This has a few more features, and is easy to use, but adds a product plug at the end of every lyric.

I've used NeedleDrop since 06 for lyrics, and have been using GimmeSomeTune since version 2, and it works best.

I guess I'm supposed to give credit to some recent post on some other site, for software I've used for a couple years now... Anyway, enjoy.