How to install a screen protector perfectly?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Clean the screen first and buy quality, but not over priced screen protectors. Then use a squeegee and best of luck, is how I go about it. I always use just plain sticky protectors never ones with liquid like zagg. Liquid and my device just don't mix since I'm afraid of screwing something up.
The Moshi is $25 which is kinda of expensive but requires no squeegee as its bubble free. No water. Durable. Removable & reusable.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
No thanks based on the YouTube videos it's not useful to me. I own an iPod touch 4th gen and I like my white iPad bezel. I never mind putting on the screen protectors. And the guy said only one try which concerns me because if it did mess up, my screen protectors can be peeled off and then reapplied no problem. I personally am content to use my screen protectors and change them up every 6 months or so.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
No thanks based on the YouTube videos it's not useful to me. I own an iPod touch 4th gen and I like my white iPad bezel. I never mind putting on the screen protectors. And the guy said only one try which concerns me because if it did mess up, my screen protectors can be peeled off and then reapplied no problem. I personally am content to use my screen protectors and change them up every 6 months or so.
You weren't watching closely then if you were referring to the Moshi. It's removable, washable, & reusable so yes you get 1 try lol.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Well I was referencing the moshi and the guy in the second video said if he screwed up he would need another one from people nearby at the headquarters where he was. Whether or not he really meant that the moshi doesn't suit my needs anyways.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Well I was referencing the moshi and the guy in the second video said if he screwed up he would need another one from people nearby at the headquarters where he was. Whether or not he really meant that the moshi doesn't suit my needs anyways.

verbalj

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
NYC
First, I use a air canister to blow everything off the screen. If there's any remnants, I'll use scotch tape to remove everything. Then, I'll lay part of it down and then use a credit card to squeeze everything out as it's being applied.

I've never done this in a steamy bathroom, but that makes sense.

Finally, while I can survive without a screen protector, because I am that careful with my devices, I wouldn't go without a screen protector due to the possibility of an accident (e.g. someone tosses their keys onto the table where my phone happens to be).

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Please just stop, this thread was supposed to be helpful but you've turned it into this.
What did I do that wasn't helpful? I just stated what the easiest screen protector to apply was & you tried to find every reason to not get it. I really don't care what you put on your phone. No need to cry.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
What did I do that wasn't helpful? I just stated what the easiest screen protector to apply was & you tried to find every reason to not get it. I really don't care what you put on your phone. No need to cry.
If you don't understand why I don't want it then you're loss, I'm sorry you don't understand.

Miz.Michele

Bronze
Sep 6, 2010
At first I thought you were all kidding. There's more fight worthy issues than a screen protector.

My-phone

Bronze
I am on my second HD Invisishield on my iPhone 4. The back piece keeps sliding. The first one slid off while using it. When I put it in my pocket it came off and got fuzzed. Zagg sent me a replacement. Waiting 48 hours before using the phone. As the back of the phone heated up by the battery and with a little pressure from just holding it, the back started to slide off again. Is anyone else had this problem?

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
Yeah today I had my phone on a granite counter. Picked it up and the invisishield stayed stuck to the counter! So I just got a case. To hell with it.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
2iPhones, 2ipdas, no scratches but a screen protector will probably hold all the glass in plase when it's dropped. Screen protectors are like condoms, don't need either.

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
That moshi looks nice. How's the clarity and can you use a tight fitting case that overlaps the front a little?