How to keep geographical information when importing photos to PC

iPhoneObsessed

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
www.myspace.com
I have a 32gb iPhone 4, and have actually run out of space due to 3000+ pictures and videos. Desperately need to be able to get the photos off my phone asap, but what has stopped me up until now is the geographical information. I love to see where all my photos were taken on the map on the iPhone.
I have a Windows 7 PC. I would really like to just be able to import them and the program automatically pick up and map the pictures.
I imagine maybe iPhoto can do this (would like some conformation, and can I get this for the PC?) and if so, can I save all my photos to a folder on my desktop now, delete the pictures off of iPhone, and put them on iPhoto later and the geographical information still be there?

I really appreciate anyone's help! :)

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
iPhoto is a OSX (Mac) application only. I use Aperture (also OSX) and the GPS information transfers over as part of the IPTC metadata. I am sure that works across all platforms. Just import them and verify before deleting... :)

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
I have a 32gb iPhone 4, and have actually run out of space due to 3000+ pictures and videos. Desperately need to be able to get the photos off my phone asap, but what has stopped me up until now is the geographical information. I love to see where all my photos were taken on the map on the iPhone.
I have a Windows 7 PC. I would really like to just be able to import them and the program automatically pick up and map the pictures.
I imagine maybe iPhoto can do this (would like some conformation, and can I get this for the PC?) and if so, can I save all my photos to a folder on my desktop now, delete the pictures off of iPhone, and put them on iPhoto later and the geographical information still be there?

I really appreciate anyone's help! :)
I don't get it...every time you sync to iTunes all your pics with relevant information is saved.