How to Sync Work and Home Contacts and Calendar?

dasams

Oct 19, 2008
I have an iPhone4 which syncs email, contacts and calendar perfectly via an exchange server with my work PC running windows vista and Outlook 2007. I also have a personal PC running windows vista and Outlook 2007. My personal email is a POP3 account and I use Outlook for my personal contacts & calendar.

I am trying to find a way to sync my work and personal contacts & calendar so that both PC's (and the iPhone) have a master list. I do not want to sync work and personal email.

The description of MobileMe says it can do this. Can anyone confirm that it works as advertised? Thanks, dave

dasams

Oct 19, 2008
I opened a mm account today and chatted with Apple tech support who said this was not possible. However, my iPhone sinks with my work pc wirelessly so all I really need is to sync my home pc to my iPhone via mm. Then, any changes to the iPhone, whether done on the phone or through mm, should sync to my work pc. Right?

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Cannot speak for the exchange, but my iPhone 4, outlook 2007, iPad, wifes iPhone and web Mobile Me all sync the calendar perfectly. I only share certain calendars with certain devices ( ie secretary adds appt to work calendar via MM and it syncs my phone and desktop (outlook) only. Yet our family calendar updates all devices. MM is free for 60 days test it out.

dasams

Oct 19, 2008
Cannot speak for the exchange, but my iPhone 4, outlook 2007, iPad, wifes iPhone and web Mobile Me all sync the calendar perfectly.
Did you set-up outlook email as type IMAP? Mine is pop3 which I don't want to change. When I configured the MobileMe account on my iPhone, I set mail to off, contacts and calendars on. So far, I haven't been able to get it to sync.

To summarize, I have my work pc and iPhone syncing via an exchange server. I want MobileMe to sync my home pc to the iPhone which will cascade to the work pc. Any other thoughts? dave

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
My outlook account is pop. I do have outlook read my gmail account which is set up as imap. That way when I read gmail (on phone, browser, or outlook, the message gets marked read).