iPhone 6s How's the iPhone 6S battery holding up?

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I'm returning this phone for the model w the right Chip! I downloaded the app and I have Samsung chip.
Here is whats happening
1)phone rings it vibrates(normal) and I feel the force couch banging (is this normal feels like a little drum)
2)battery life is 3 hours less at least it's just running much faster 3) iPhone is ok otherwise and maybe I'm overreacting BUT if I'm paying 800$ I want what i paid for right? Please tell me what you are going to do if you have this chip (Samsung)
It's going back I'm debating on talking to Apple or just return to ATT till I get the good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Just so you know if you have the bad battery life download this app (Google chipgate)
Maybe it's not a big deal. I have no idea other than the bang and battery phone seems ok

Bojan

Oct 17, 2015
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445823750.135416.jpg

Full day of use. From 8:00 am till 9:00 pm. Single charge. 2-3 hours of LTE facetime audio. Few minutes of Facetime video on LTE.

30 minutes of YouTube.

Texting&apps for the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using the Force alone.

Reactions: Rafagon

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I'm returning this phone for the model w the right Chip! I downloaded the app and I have Samsung chip.
Here is whats happening
1)phone rings it vibrates(normal) and I feel the force couch banging (is this normal feels like a little drum)
2)battery life is 3 hours less at least it's just running much faster 3) iPhone is ok otherwise and maybe I'm overreacting BUT if I'm paying 800$ I want what i paid for right? Please tell me what you are going to do if you have this chip (Samsung)
It's going back I'm debating on talking to Apple or just return to ATT till I get the good one.

You can find issues with any phone, if you look. My "Samsung" chip phone is great. I see others complain about their "TSMC" chip phone and I feel fortunate to have what I have. They all have their quirks. Besides, I doubt the stores have the phones labeled that way.

Reactions: Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
This said I kept the phone it's not 14 days my only concern (battery life is better now cause I adjusted it) but the light tap tap tap when it vibrates is this happening to anyone at all?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
This said I kept the phone it's not 14 days my only concern (battery life is better now cause I adjusted it) but the light tap tap tap when it vibrates is this happening to anyone at all?

Vibrations use a good bit of battery, if enough are used. I don't use them. The other types of alerts work fine without them.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Facebook 20 percent but I close it and really haven't used it! I'm already at 63 percent since my last post and I've sent maybe 15 texts!
Facebook has acknowledged that their app has been draining the battery rapidly they said to be looking into it. Don't know if they have I don't use Facebook.

iOSJBs

Nov 1, 2015
I've noticed for my case it TAKES FOREVER to charge.. But also TAKES FOREVER TO DIE..

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I've noticed for my case it TAKES FOREVER to charge.. But also TAKES FOREVER TO DIE..
The 6s plus has a decently sized battery, and the power supply they ship with it only supplies 5w (1 amp) to the charger in the phone, so that 10.4 watt-hour battery takes a few hours to charge from that small power supply (especially if you're using the phone at the same time).

If you have an occasion to pick up a new power supply, hunt for a 10-12w one (supplies up to 2.1-2.4 amps). If it says compatible with iPad, then it will be somewhere around there. I just use the one that came with my iPad. The phone will be able to charge up faster from the bigger power supply, and will last just as long. It probably won't be twice as fast, due to safety limitations on the rate of charge of the battery. But appreciably faster, as the fast-charge cycle completes more quickly

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
My 6s Plus has been doing better since I stopped the Facebook app. I use Friendly+, and it works great. I get 11½ to 12 hours usage time. No complaints about the battery.

Reactions: Chancellor