Hurricane Sandy

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
School is closed here for tomorrow. I have to admit, I'm getting pretty nervous about this thing. They're saying power outages lasting 7-10 days. I'm not good at roughing it. Luckily, I have a gas stove, so I can cook. My rechargeable light is all charged and I have flashlights and candles. Doing my lesson plans now in case I lose power. Good luck everyone!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I just blew out my gutters with a leaf blower from my second story window. I'm done now. Time to go open one of those 6 cases of Hamm's we have around here...

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Good luck peeps, hoping for as little as possible, that goes without saying.
Stay safe.

Reactions: Mommy

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just thought to transcode some movies tonight for the iPad. I'm usually a streamer, but I'll have nothing to stream from if the power goes. And a wifi-only iPad without a tethering plan will really only be good for movies in such a situation.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
School is closed here for tomorrow. I have to admit, I'm getting pretty nervous about this thing. They're saying power outages lasting 7-10 days. I'm not good at roughing it. Luckily, I have a gas stove, so I can cook. My rechargeable light is all charged and I have flashlights and candles. Doing my lesson plans now in case I lose power. Good luck everyone!
Stay safe! Get out of the burgh! I have a generator if you need somewhere to go! Pm if you need anywhere to stay, I'm near the school :)

Reactions: FlwrPwer

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You haven't had Hamms beer since you were a child?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app
Yes, true. With my dad it was no big deal for me as a child to have an ice cold beer on a hot summer day. I think that was the only time I would drink it to quench my thirst. This was back in rhe day when things were more innocent, not like today with all the political correctness BS.

It never adversely affected me in the least although some on this forum might beg to differ. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
There was a little break with less rain and I got the raincoat and took the dogs around the block
We are in lounge clothing and hanging out. I made some chocolate bananas for son. Gonna have some coffee with Baileys

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Frantically copying files from server to Mac where I need to convert them down to an iPad 16GB friendly size. At the same time, packing up my 64GB iPad 2 (which I could use about now) for a completed eBay sale.

I'm a few miles away inland vs Irene, where we were flooded. This time around, I'm worried most about trees.