I hate mobile sites!

Magicman4131

Bronze
Jul 25, 2009
California
I hate mobile sites on the iPad they look like crap. I was wondering if there is any way to view the full site not the mobile site on NBC they have no option to go to the full site. I hate when sites do this. Is there any work around. Also I am disappointed that NBC hasn't made an app like ABC. Sooo any ideas how to NOT have to view there mobile site.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I'm not a big fan of them either, but if there is no link to the full site then you are out of luck afaiko. It is left up to each site to determine what type of device you are accessing their site from.

Richard_P_Harvey

Bronze
Jan 28, 2010
Another bad one is Blockbuster, you can force Safari to load the normal main page but once you start moving around it thinks your on an iPhone/ipod and bounces you to the mobile side which is near useless on the ipad.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The only way I know how to bypass this annoyance is by jailbreaking the iPad and using Web View Controller from Cydia. I'm not sure if it's compatible with the iPad but it works marvelously on the iPhone.

Ron_L

May 8, 2010
Batavia,IL
Try Atomic Browser. In the full version you can change the browser type that it sends to the web server so they see it as IE or Safari or FF or whatever.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I use the iCabMobile app when I want to view the full websites. After you install it, you have to open the stock settings app, find iCabMobile and then set the Browser ID. I have mine set for Safari 4 (Mac).

forkee

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
jailbreak

go onto cydia and download "UserAgent Faker" (its free)

it makes websites think you are using a real internet browser instead of a mobile browser

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I usually go to google when it gives me a mobile site. I search for the site and then click on what google finds and it usually will lead me to the regular site.

dsa1971

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Like others have pointed out use atomic browser or icabmobile which allow you to change the user agent. I would not jailbreak just for that feature

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I use Atomic browser as my regular browser now. It allows tabs instead of separate pages for each site you visit. It allows you to view full sites and you can switch back and forth easily. It also allows you to set a passcode to access it in case you browse anything that you may not want others to stumble upon while looking at your iPad and they also have an iPhone version that works almost as well. Highly recommended to solve your problem.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
You just install it and when you want to browse a site you open Atomic instead of Safari. If you jailbreak your iPad there is even a program that works the SBSettings that makes your Atomic launch automatically start if you click a link such as in email.

Kenny Powers

Jul 4, 2010
The perfect browser works very well they just updated and fixed a lot of problems. You can choose to have it open web pages like a normal browser also and it works.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
You just install it and when you want to browse a site you open Atomic instead of Safari. If you jailbreak your iPad there is even a program that works the SBSettings that makes your Atomic launch automatically start if you click a link such as in email.
Install it how? From Cydia? The Internet? The app store?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe