I just stopped by the mall to get a bumper case....

iTim

Bronze
Mar 21, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
WOW! The line is insane! Starts at the Apple Store, goes across the little bridge to the other side of the mall, outside, across the bridge to the parking garage, all the way to the back of the garage and back again! Went to visit some friends in line, and at this point (2:00 PST) they are still around 500 in line. And that is just the regular line, not the reservation line. But when I went in the store to get my case, the guy told me that everyone in line WILL get a phone today. They closed off the line around 10:30.

Another not so funny note, some girl walked away from the mall, screaming VERY loud, cussing, saying "14 fu**ing hours in line", and screaming more. Someone said that she waited for a white one! Um, did you do no research before you waiting in line? Damn! I also had a lot of people chasing me to see my phone. Kinda felt like a celebrity. LOL. Anyway, Apple are being very cool, brining people water, etc. It was damn hot in that parking garage! Phew! Glad I pre-ordered!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I would like a bumper case, but I've got to believe that someone will have one that is very similar for a lot less than $29 in the near future.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Why anyone would do that without a reservation is beyond me. Screw that.

It was stressful enough waiting for it in my home.

iTim

Bronze
Mar 21, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
It actually doesn't feel too grippy to me. I like it. I think eventually I will get something that offers more protection on the back of the phone, but for now it works.

caponcha

Oct 24, 2007
New Jersey
Apple was sold out of bumper cases so I decided to see if AT&T had any. They just got some in an hour earlier, so I picked up this black iFrogz case, pretty nice

Rambo21

Bronze
Jun 22, 2010
Have the bumper swell and not gripy at all except for the back and front face with the putter edge.. The eu
Is actually a smooth shinny plastic! It feels ally better with the case then without it.. Makes it more sturdy.. I give it a 5/5...

iTim

Bronze
Mar 21, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
Have the bumper swell and not gripy at all except for the back and front face with the putter edge.. The eu
Is actually a smooth shinny plastic! It feels ally better with the case then without it.. Makes it more sturdy.. I give it a 5/5...
I feel a lot better with it too. I was definitely a little nervous without it.

tonyt3524

Bronze
Jun 18, 2009
so Apple has these and they are NOT sold out of them? I can walk in and get one? I think ill call lol

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
I was at the local mall earlier today. Had to wait about an hour to get into the Apple Store. They had a "non-iphone" line and they took in one person for every five iPhone people. I got the bumper case, and I'm happy with it. It makes the phone feel a little less fragile and I like that when I put the phone on a table, it's raised just enough by the edge that it doesn't touch. The stainless steel looking buttons are a nice touch too.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I feel a lot better with it too. I was definitely a little nervous without it.
I'm surprised Apple Stores allowed other purchases today. I thought they would shut down to concentrate on the customers buying iPhones. I think I may head over to my store right now. I"m just 6 blocks away from Apple.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
so Apple has these and they are NOT sold out of them? I can walk in and get one? I think ill call lol
It might be different for different areas, but at the Apple Store I went to, there was a line of hundreds of people outside and apparently they said they had a phone for each of them and "most of them should luck out with the bumper too". Looked like they had a pretty huge stock of them.

iTim

Bronze
Mar 21, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
It might be different for different areas, but at the Apple Store I went to, there was a line of hundreds of people outside and apparently they said they had a phone for each of them and "most of them should luck out with the bumper too". Looked like they had a pretty huge stock of them.
Walked right into my Apple store, no waiting, got the case and was out in less than 5 minutes. Easy peasy. BUT...They were almost sold out and only had black left.

Deke736

Bronze
Jul 24, 2008
Near St. Louis, MO
I went to one of the Apple Store's here in St. Louis at lunchtime to see if I could get a bumper case, the guy told me they had NO cases AT ALL and that they sold out of the ones they had by 10AM. I just ordered 2 online, but I am going to run by BB to see if they have something to hold me over until they arrive in a week or two.

King_Apollo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2010
Big "D"
Rambo21 said:
Picked up a bumper from the Apple store today as well and I have to agree with your post. Bumper has a nice clean look to it, almost looks like it was part of the phone as one.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I came back from Apple Store. There is probably 70 to 100 people there in line. They sold out of bumpers. I will probably just order online.