I predict the next iPhone will be called...

superpilot

Oct 21, 2011
Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on when they think he next iPhone will come out? I know this Is a little far fetched but I didn't upgrade to the 4s because there just wasn't enough there to convince me

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on when they think he next iPhone will come out? I know this Is a little far fetched but I didn't upgrade to the 4s because there just wasn't enough there to convince me
We don't know for sure, but I think it will be next fall.

superpilot

Oct 21, 2011
I was afraid you would say that. I hope the latest it comes out is next June when Apple does their usual annual conference

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
The question is really why did they not come out with iPhone 5 but decide 4s?
I read Jobs was working on iP5 and not so much 4s.
4s may not have been in orginal plans for iPhones?
iP5 may just not be ready yet? Some delays and perhaps Steves health failing?
So my predictions for release date again would be Feb (Steves Birthday) which I doubt because it is not enough time
or back on track with original schedule (June). Later would be the 1year anniversiary and if that is the case there will be some kind of Special Edition
Anyway I do think that will be a breakthroughphone there will be something what blows our minds away and that is why it is taking so long.
Looking at the new Razer-I do hope Apple makes their idevices for everyday, all day use. With features like waterresistant coating and gorilla glass types. Afterall ipads are going to kids hands and in schools . Many kids have ipods or iPhones. Not just kids adults at work or activities (sports/outdoors).
Of course the ultimate for me is Holographics (I know not so soon)

Reactions: iP5

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
The question is really why did they not come out with iPhone 5 but decide 4s?
I read Jobs was working on iP5 and not so much 4s.
4s may not have been in orginal plans for iPhones?
iP5 may just not be ready yet? Some delays and perhaps Steves health failing?
So my predictions for release date again would be Feb (Steves Birthday) which I doubt because it is not enough time
or back on track with original schedule (June). Later would be the 1year anniversiary and if that is the case there will be some kind of Special Edition
Anyway I do think that will be a breakthroughphone there will be something what blows our minds away and that is why it is taking so long.
Looking at the new Razer-I do hope Apple makes their idevices for everyday, all day use. With features like waterresistant coating and gorilla glass types. Afterall ipads are going to kids hands and in schools . Many kids have ipods or iPhones. Not just kids adults at work or activities (sports/outdoors).
Of course the ultimate for me is Holographics (I know not so soon)
That's a pretty good prediction, actually.

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Personally, I think it will be some kind of tribute. iPhone Steve? Steve5? Steve's5? 5Steve? 5S (for Steve?)

Say, maybe 4S actually stands for 4Steve....:)

Seriously, plugging into the emotion of Steve's loss would be a VERY powerful marketing tool. Not that the iPhone needs it...

irainbow_chic

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
I predict iPhone 5, maybe iPhone LTE, but I don't see why iPhone 5 still isn't the next logical name. 4S was a valid name and upgrade, in my opinion. I can not wait until I get my hands on Siri! Darn upgrade isn't until January.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
You're right, it's more logical that way.
I think Apple should let us name the damn phone O_o

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Of course they don't have to. But I have more evidence to say they will than you have evidence to say they won't.