I realized today how cool the iPhone really is...

H

Hayesimus

well while you are doing your homework, how about not being so presumptuous concerning your beliefs about me. I am in NO way a "fanboy" i don't "LOVE" Apple. i love my iPhone. Fanboys are referring to people who are die-hard Apple fans. and as I stated, if something better came along, i'd drop the iPhone. and yeah... your Nokia is aesthetically stunted. and my point was QUITE valid. you countered the thread starter's comment,"I realized today how cool the iPhone really is." by saying that you "tried the iPhone out" or something. so in those what... two minutes. you believe you could accurately assess all of its pros and cons? maybe if you OWNED one you'd realize how great it truly is. and like almost everyone has said, sure there are some features that we all want but most of those can be fixed with upgrades and honestly why are you complaining about 3g anyway. its not that big of a deal. i don't ever have enough time to think "hmm wish this was 3g" before it loads so its obviously not too slow. So being that this post has more "content" perhaps you'll get off my back. geeze

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
well while you are doing your homework, how about not being so presumptuous concerning your beliefs about me. I am in NO way a "fanboy" i don't "LOVE" Apple. i love my iPhone.
So don't behave like one and no-one will make that mistake.

and as I stated, if something better came along, i'd drop the iPhone. and yeah... your Nokia is aesthetically stunted.
The iPhone is indeed better looking than the N95 as I've already pointed out. However, it's just not as good an option for me. Function beats form anyday.

and my point was QUITE valid. you countered the thread starter's comment,"I realized today how cool the iPhone really is." by saying that you "tried the iPhone out" or something. so in those what... two minutes. you believe you could accurately assess all of its pros and cons?
Considering that I've been reading about its specs and the user experience for over six months I'd say so. This wasn't a case of wandering in and trying a unit out being unaware of its pluses and minuses. However, I wanted to test it for myself and, like I said, it's a curate's egg - good in parts, not so good in others.

maybe if you OWNED one you'd realize how great it truly is.
Sure, let me just part with £269 and £35 a month for 18 months to make a trial decision.

See how silly that sounds?

and like almost everyone has said, sure there are some features that we all want but most of those can be fixed with upgrades
Good. Where are they? It's been nearly six months now.

Considering I can get all of these features now on other phones why the hell should I wait for something that may never arrive?

and honestly why are you complaining about 3g anyway. its not that big of a deal. i don't ever have enough time to think "hmm wish this was 3g" before it loads so its obviously not too slow.
Please try to understand before one of us dies: It may not be a big deal to you because you're not used to it, it is a big deal to me because I am. It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp.

So being that this post has more "content" perhaps you'll get off my back. geeze
I'm not on your back, sport, you started it with a pointless rant which basically boiled down to "If you don't like the iPhone don't post". When you make statements like that you're going to get a slap.

Understand?

Although in fairness your last post was almost Shakespeare like in comparison to free2rhyme590. Caps, multiple smileys and text speak. Jesus.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Is that "I SURRENDER"?
"C'est La Vie" means "That's life...". I babelfished it. But I guess you intended your question as a comic relief...Dude, we need to take cover. I'm not sure the exchange is over!

I hearby call for a ceasefire...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
So don't behave like one and no-one will make that mistake.

The iPhone is indeed better looking than the N95 as I've already pointed out. However, it's just not as good an option for me. Function beats form anyday.

Considering that I've been reading about its specs and the user experience for over six months I'd say so. This wasn't a case of wandering in and trying a unit out being unaware of its pluses and minuses. However, I wanted to test it for myself and, like I said, it's a curate's egg - good in parts, not so good in others.

Sure, let me just part with £269 and £35 a month for 18 months to make a trial decision.

See how silly that sounds?

Good. Where are they? It's been nearly six months now.

Considering I can get all of these features now on other phones why the hell should I wait for something that may never arrive?

Please try to understand before one of us dies: It may not be a big deal to you because you're not used to it, it is a big deal to me because I am. It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp.

I'm not on your back, sport, you started it with a pointless rant which basically boiled down to "If you don't like the iPhone don't post". When you make statements like that you're going to get a slap.

Understand?

Although in fairness your last post was almost Shakespeare like in comparison to free2rhyme590. Caps, multiple smileys and text speak. Jesus.

O my god you are insane.
my dad used to say don't ask your grandma how she's doing- she will tell you!

You don't even own an iPhone.... Shut up bitc*!

H

Hayesimus

its hard to have a ceasefire when the other party didn't notice that there was no response to his immaturity. i'm ignoring all of his future posts. who's with me? lol

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
its hard to have a ceasefire when the other party didn't notice that there was no response to his immaturity. i'm ignoring all of his future posts. who's with me? lol
That's because you're incapable of arguing against them.

In other words you made a stupid comment, got owned and are now running away. Don't respond if you don't want to, - you're of no further interest to me anyway.

H

Hayesimus

so I have five lines on my account, one of which is my best friend and his phone is annoying right now, not getting my texts and stuff, so i ordered the new blackjack II and yeah... iPhones better. which that was a given, but it is what he wanted. I'm about to give it to him in the next few minutes haha. i already played with it for a little while. i hope he enjoys his early christmas present lol he's never had an iPhone so he should

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
To be honest I talked a bunch of trash about this phone until I finally bought the iPhone for $299 in sept. Now I am very impressed with this little thing. F ing love it.

Itrekman

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
So it doesn't have 3G who cares most of the time Im using Wifi. Plus for the money you pay for edge not bad as phone that support 3G. My iPhone have saved me so many times I would not give it up for any of the other iPhone wanna be! Best phone hands down

el padrino

Sep 28, 2007
I have an iPhone and i like it...i don't LOVE it but Sleeper has a point. He tried the iPhone and made his decision just like all of you TRIED other phones and made your decisions.

I talked a lot of smack about the iPhone too but finally got it 2 months ago when i saw how much the developers were behind it. The UI on the iPhone is amazing, it has good battery life and it's not that expensive compared to an N95 8GB for instance. I live in Canada where data rates are through the nose so i don't even use EDGE. Ironically we just got a great offer for HSDPA but the iPhone doesn't do that.

I like my phone so far but it does have a lot of shortcomings. MMS, no Video recording, lack of document editing, low volume, inability to delete single SMS, and a lot of people have been calling the calendar one of the best but it truly does suck. The treo's calendar beats it anyday. The difference is that the positives(developing community) far outweigh the negatives and this is why i haven't given up on mine. But the moment we officially launch it in Canada, i think i might have to move on because one of its attractions is the scarcity around here. If only i can tackle the herculean task of finding a suitable replacement.

ptnubs

Nov 28, 2007
iPhone 'stupid moments'

I don't know if it's the update version I have(1.0.2), but my iPhone tends to crap out and lock up from time to time.
Example:
Browsing a website, on a wi-fi, and for no reason, it just stops and goes back to the home screen.....
Using the ipod and browsing at the same time, ipod stops playing and then browser stops and goes back to home screen.....
Browsing through youtube, same thing.. locks up and goes back to home screen....

Anyone else having this goofup?

PT Nubs

H

Hayesimus

well, my buddy freakin loves his Blackjack II. I'm like the BEST best friend ever! haha. his girlfriend was like. ugh. that's not even fair, now my present isn't gonna be near as cool. haha

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
yes i totally love the iPhone
Let me add to that. I bought my first iPhone in September, I unlocked it by accident and did the 1.1.2 update and it locked it all up, invalid SIM card and all. I was furious because Apple would not help me out. I started getting help on this site, but the phone still wasn't fixed. So I went out and bought another one. 4 days later, I got a PM from a girl! She helped me fix my phone! The best part of it is, I was able to sell my first phone that she helped fix, and I made a profit on it too!

Moral of the story is, I love my iPhone too! I would not trade it in for anything (right now that is). The help that I get on this site also makes me want to have an iPhone because not matter what, it can be fixed, unless I drop it and the thing breaks! I had no problem dropping $432 with tax for the second phone. Never thought twice about it. I have thought twice about that with cheaper phones.

:laugh2: