i think i got jacked on the marketplace forums...

free2rhyme590

Gold
so how long did it take you to get your money back?

I had a similar incident happen on ebay. I used paypal funded by a credit card. Once you notify paypal you go into a resolution system. The only bad thing is it doesn't happen instantly you have to wait for the other "side" to respond and when they don't then paypal will resolve your claim. It does work but it's not instant. I was just happy to get my money back.

free2rhyme590

Gold
update

i kept calling paypal today...they gave me the same answer...if they cant get a hold of the guy...then they will give me my money back... but i want my money back now so i can go find an iPhone... my bank released the 275.00 from a "hold" so hopefully that goes back to me and they don't try and send it to that guy...paypal really needs to fix their refund process...its so long!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
i kept calling paypal today...they gave me the same answer...if they cant get a hold of the guy...then they will give me my money back... but i want my money back now so i can go find an iPhone... my bank released the 275.00 from a "hold" so hopefully that goes back to me and they don't try and send it to that guy...paypal really needs to fix their refund process...its so long!

Dang that really sucks that it's taking so long but hopefully it will be resolved by tomorrow morning :laugh2:. It really is a shame that the Marketplace on the forum let you down so much. Where else are you going to attempt getting an iPhone from?

free2rhyme590

Gold
i hope so too... the thing is... this guy only has one email he gave paypal... that same email was supposedly canceled because everytime id go to send him an email...id get a message back saying it was unable to deliver because he had deleted his email account.... so how is paypal supposed to get a hold of him? they should just do a reversal of funds and give me my money back...this guy has no intent of sending me the phone if hes basically disappeared of the face of the earth:p
i don't know where im going to get me an iPhone lol... anyone know where i can find one... i was really intent on trying to find a decent 4gb but now i think thats nearly impossible lol...

Dang that really sucks that it's taking so long but hopefully it will be resolved by tomorrow morning :laugh2:. It really is a shame that the Marketplace on the forum let you down so much. Where else are you going to attempt getting an iPhone from?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i hope so too... the thing is... this guy only has one email he gave paypal... that same email was supposedly canceled because everytime id go to send him an email...id get a message back saying it was unable to deliver because he had deleted his email account.... so how is paypal supposed to get a hold of him? they should just do a reversal of funds and give me my money back...this guy has no intent of sending me the phone if hes basically disappeared of the face of the earth:p
i don't know where im going to get me an iPhone lol... anyone know where i can find one... i was really intent on trying to find a decent 4gb but now i think thats nearly impossible lol...
tell me who he is! i'll spam/SHUN hiiiiim!

no srsly..srsly

radmonkeyx

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Irving TX
it took me about 35 days to get my money back. i did just what you are doing. called and emailed until they started an investigation into it. it sucks, but i got my back

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
it took me about 35 days to get my money back. i did just what you are doing. called and emailed until they started an investigation into it. it sucks, but i got my back
wow.. not having money for that long could do a LOT of damage to ones life..

what if you needed it to pay bills, or the RENT! or.. what if you need a phone!

this would thoroughly piss me off..

good luck on getting that money back/or getting an iPhone!

radmonkeyx

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Irving TX
wow.. not having money for that long could do a LOT of damage to ones life..

what if you needed it to pay bills, or the RENT! or.. what if you need a phone!

this would thoroughly piss me off..

good luck on getting that money back/or getting an iPhone!
yeah, my paypal account was in the negative. if i bought something using my paypal account i would have to pay for the item and then pay the difference for the negative. it was $175 so i did not use my paypal account until it was taken care of

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yeah, my paypal account was in the negative. if i bought something using my paypal account i would have to pay for the item and then pay the difference for the negative. it was $175 so i did not use my paypal account until it was taken care of
you should have killed the seller, i would have. teach him a lesson he won't be able to forget, because he won't be able to think.

paypal really needs to change the way they do business, but don't get my wrong i love paypal when everything goes according to plan ^_^

and to free2rhyme, i'd suggest takin this time to raise more money so that you could get the 8gig. i really don't suggest the 4gig because 4 gigs can go rather quickly! especially if you love music, as i do. or want more than two videos and a ringtone XD

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
The reason it takes so long is to safe guard both parties. I used to sell game items online and used paypal. People would pay me ~$200 - $500 for an item and if they could just reverse the payment then I would have been in a huge mess.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
The reason it takes so long is to safe guard both parties. I used to sell game items online and used paypal. People would pay me ~$200 - $500 for an item and if they could just reverse the payment then I would have been in a huge mess.​
with all these eBay/paypal woes, i'm scared to sell my older phones now o.o;

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
The reason it takes so long is to safe guard both parties. I used to sell game items online and used paypal. People would pay me ~$200 - $500 for an item and if they could just reverse the payment then I would have been in a huge mess.
yes but how many times did you just cancel your email account used to conduct transactions, and if you did, not contact pending customers? I would bet, never, right?

--
Mike

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
yes but how many times did you just cancel your email account used to conduct transactions, and if you did, not contact pending customers? I would bet, never, right?

--
Mike
Correct. However, I can understand why paypal is going to take a bit of time to decide what to do. They don't want to get in the middle of a fight over money.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Correct. However, I can understand why paypal is going to take a bit of time to decide what to do. They don't want to get in the middle of a fight over money.
I thought their very existence was to act as a go-between.

All I can say is if I paid for something and the seller then dropped off the face of the earth, I'd be calling my bank's fraud department.

--
Mike

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I thought their very existence was to act as a go-between.

All I can say is if I paid for something and the seller then dropped off the face of the earth, I'd be calling my bank's fraud department.

--
Mike
ESPECIALLY if in the past it has taken over a month to get money back..

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I have had a lot of heart ache where Paypal is concerned but it usually ends up turning out well in the end. When I first started selling on ebay, and this was years ago, say back in 2000, I sold a phone and listed the phone as nearly new, the seller claimed that I said new. He went through paypal and they suspended my account and it was a major hassle. I ended up giving the guy like $50 bucks back, just so I could use my paypal account again.

Recently more than anything, I had some money issues, a little personal to tell the reason it happened here, has to do with my ex wife though, and my mom being the sweetest mom I know offered to send me some money, well to get it instantly we decided to do paypal. Now keep in mind this is money that will be paying rent and utilities at my apartment. it was a large sum, lets just say that. Paypal for whatever reason thought it was fraud and held the money till my mom called them. We tried for over a month, and my mom calling several times, each time that she called they told her since she didn't have a paypal account there was nothing she could do. It really turned out to be a mess. Basically I sent her a request for payment, and she paid it with a credit card. Paypal said that it was the card company and the card company said it was paypal. Finally we did a conference call with someone at Paypal and the fixed it, but instead of clearing the balance they reversed the charges back to my mom and I almost had my utilities shut off.

Paypal is a good concept, but since there are so many people that try and take advantage of it, they have to put in all these safe guards. In the end the safe guards make it more difficult for people not abusing the system to use it.

Ok thats my paypal story.... Just keep calling them and emailing them, what needs to be done will get done eventually, Good Luck!

free2rhyme590

Gold
Update!

:laugh2: OK I'VE BEEN CALLING AND EMAILING PAYPAL SINCE I SAW MY TRANSACTION HAD A HOLD ON IT... WELL TODAY I CALLED THEM AND TALKED TO THIS GUY...HE SAID THEY'D HAVE TO SEND THE MONEY TO THE GUY AND IF I didn't GET THE iPhone..THEN ID HAVE TO ISSUE A CLAIM/REFUND AGAINST HIM AND HAVE TO WAIT EVEN LONGER!BUT I TOLD HIM, HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET A HOLD OF HIM IF YOU HAVE THE SAME EMAIL I HAVE AND HE CANCELLED IT? HE PUT ME ON HOLD FOR ABOUT 15MINUTES AND FINALLY SAID HE'D MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR ME AND REVERSE THE FUNDS BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT! IT WAS SOOO AWESOME! BUT NOW I GOTTA WAIT ABOUT 2DAYS FOR THE FUNDS TO TRANSFER...BUT NOW I HAVE MY 275.00 NO iPhone...THE STORES RAN OUT OF 4GB AND I don't HAVE ENOUGH FOR AN 8GIG...MAN I REALLY WANTED THAT PHONE! I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE JANUARY WHEN THEY TALKED ABOUT IT... :(...ANYONE KNOW IF THERES ANY 4GB LEFT IN ANEHEIM? LOL THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
so how long did it take you to get your money back?
it actually took a couple weeks. By the time it was over I was just glad to get it back. They allow the other side so long to reply and they never did. I think the system is setup so the deadbeats can come clean and refund without paypal. Doesn't seem to work well when dealing with scammers. Good luck!

free2rhyme590

Gold
yep i should get my money back in three days! im so happy! but still without iPhone

it actually took a couple weeks. By the time it was over I was just glad to get it back. They allow the other side so long to reply and they never did. I think the system is setup so the deadbeats can come clean and refund without paypal. Doesn't seem to work well when dealing with scammers. Good luck!

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
yep i should get my money back in three days! im so happy! but still without iPhone
i'm glad to know that finally they would refund the money back to you :)
hopefully soon you can get 4gigs iPhone .good luck for the iPhone :)

oh yeah just fyi that in Apple store at vegas they still have 4 gigs iPhone