I think I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dg

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Personally, having a "Mac" smartphone is worth the price for me. I've tried the Treo, the 8125, MDA, and Blackberry. They're all the same, and equally annoying. So, I welcome the Apple approach to this market.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Everything in me is screaming WARNING when it comes to purchasing this iPhone.
Here we are a little over 2 weeks away from release and we still don't really know anything that we really need to know about this phone.
The only new thing we have learned since the introduction of this phone is the day we can buy it. Doesn't this concern anyone?
Nobody knows for sure what the data plans are going to be, nobody knows for sure what the price will be, even some of the features remain a mystery.
As a smart consumer, or just as someone about to make a major purchase of $600.00 it wouldn't be smart to blindly purchase something this expensive.
Making the consumer wait right up until the moment you walk up to the register to find out about your purchase is just disrespectful.
If I'm wrong, I'll be back here to eat some crow, but I don't think so.
There's a very simple solution to your problem...Don't get one. ;)

Cantwait4iPhone

May 6, 2007
United States
Everything in me is screaming WARNING when it comes to purchasing this iPhone.
Here we are a little over 2 weeks away from release and we still don't really know anything that we really need to know about this phone.
The only new thing we have learned since the introduction of this phone is the day we can buy it. Doesn't this concern anyone?
Nobody knows for sure what the data plans are going to be, nobody knows for sure what the price will be, even some of the features remain a mystery.
As a smart consumer, or just as someone about to make a major purchase of $600.00 it wouldn't be smart to blindly purchase something this expensive.
Making the consumer wait right up until the moment you walk up to the register to find out about your purchase is just disrespectful.
If I'm wrong, I'll be back here to eat some crow, but I don't think so.
If you are frustrated by the lack of information, I recommend waiting and seeing how it plays out. Give it at least a few weeks before you decide. Then you will be educated on whether you really want to give up or stay with it and get this phone. It is not a small investment, so second thoughts can be good in this kind of scenario.

Don't give up on us or the iPhone yet. I would recommend staying on this site, especially at the time of launch, so your questions will be answered and you will be well educated and on your way to a smart and reasonable choice.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I have to disagree. I think we know plenty about the iPhone. First off, it's an iPod, albeit only an 8GB iPod. If you look at the iPod portion, we've got a number of enhancements.

All in all, I think it is worthy of the price. I also believe in Steve Jobs. This is Apple's next big thing and it's critical to their continued success. It hasn't been rushed and I believe he's making sure this thing delivers.

That's my 2 cents.

-Chris
However beyond this, what else do we know? Other than it is coming out on 6/29 at 6PM, not much else.

How will the iPhone be sold to current AT&T customers? No idea.

How will activation at the Apple Stores work? No idea.

What are the available data plans? No idea.

Are there any eligibility or qualification requirements? No idea.

The lack of information is very frustrating. I just hope the info will be coming soon.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
There's a very simple solution to your problem...Don't get one. ;)
There is a simple solution to your nastiness, don't read my post.
I'm not saying that nobody should get one or that I don't want one.
I'm simply expressing my frustration over the lack of info.
Not getting angry, not attacking anyone.
Do you own Apple stock? Do you work for Apple?
Why such an ******** attitude towards someone expressing an opinion that is obviously shared by a few other people here?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
There is a simple solution to your nastiness, don't read my post.
I'm not saying that nobody should get one or that I don't want one.
I'm simply expressing my frustration over the lack of info.
Not getting angry, not attacking anyone.
Do you own Apple stock? Do you work for Apple?
Why such an ******* attitude towards someone expressing an opinion that is obviously shared by a few other people here?
Do you? If so, where can I get a job, and how? lol

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
I thought this guy was "done" around 1pm yesterday afternoon? Kina thought he was done posting. Guess not.
I posted this today ******.
I love all the internet tough guys coming to defend a freakin phone.
Why is it that you asses can voice a concern but I can't?

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
The tough part of gathering all the facts about the iPhone and using it is the fact we are depending upon two large companys to provide inforamtion. unfortunately, both of these large companies have been tight-lipped when it comes to letting loose of the info. This has been the main source of my heartburn.

My approach, which sounds like the approach a lot of folks are planning on taking here, is to have others buy the 'holy grail' iPhone, use it, then post here on everythingiPhone the good and bad. From what I have seen, I no doubt will get a good picture of the strengths and weaknesses. Then, when the lines die down at AT&T or the Apple Store, I will likely make my purchase, knowing full well what to expect out of the iPhone and AT&T, thanks to you folks who forged ahead before me.

The only reservation I have now is the data plan rate. I can almost swallow the $480 buck a year for myself, but I have to buy two, one for me, one for my wife. But, I will wait, be hopeful of a cheaper plan, and will see.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
I posted this today *******.
I love all the internet tough guys coming to defend a freakin phone.
Why is it that you asses can voice a concern but I can't?
No one is "attacking" you, I'm simply voicing my opinion as you did.
Keep in mind this is a pro-Apple site, so don't be so surprised when you get
posts disagreeing with you.
Your profanity is not allowed and not welcome here.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Let's keep this on topic. The OP has every right to question whether the iPhone is worthy of his dollars. He's looking for reasons TO buy the iPhone. Please keep on topic, no personal attacks and no foul langauge.

Thanks!
Chris

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I really get the feeling that everyone is coming to their wits end waiting for this product. Take heart folks! We're coming around the last bend to our final destination. Soon we are going to be posting all about our first impressions of our new iPhones. We're going to talk about what it took to actually get our hands on one (who we had to beat up, pay off and sell our bodies to). We'll tell everyone how we felt opening the box, getting our service turned on or switched over, getting all our data uploaded... No more speculations at that point. It'll all be the real deal; what we're all experiencing and how we feel about it.

I keep saying this is a do or die product for Apple Inc. Their long term prospects are tied to the success of this product. I'm a long time Apple fan and hope that this product exceeds all of our expectations, and that there are even better versions on the horizon.

Just remember: We're almost there.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Daywalker isn't the only one who feels this way.

There are other threads on other Apple and iPhone forums, including Apple.com own discussion forums, expressing these same concerns over the lack of information and unknown variables.

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
No one is "attacking" you, I'm simply voicing my opinion as you did.
Keep in mind this is a pro-Apple site, so don't be so surprised when you get
posts disagreeing with you.
Your profanity is not allowed and not welcome here.
I welcome a healthy debate. That's what message boards are all about.
I respect a difference of opinion.
What I can't respect is someone attacking me for voicing the same concerns that a lot of people have and then lying about it being a personal attack.
If you say something, stand behind it.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I welcome a healthy debate. That's what message boards are all about.
I agree and on that note, let's get back to our regularly scheduled program.

This is not pointed at anyone specifically, but I'd like everyone to get back on topic or this thread will be closed.

Thanks!

-Chris

Daywalker7

May 12, 2007
I agree and on that note, let's get back to our regularly scheduled program.

This is not pointed at anyone specifically, but I'd like everyone to get back on topic or this thread will be closed.

Thanks!

-Chris
Maybe it would be best if you did just close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.