i want 3.0 i want MMS i want tethering!

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
ok so i did the whole mms ipcc file thingy and i now have camera icon, however i cant send pictures yet because ATT has not activated it till 25th... so once they activate it will my MMS then function right away since im already ready to go for MMS technically?

im happy with 3.0 and tethering options is a life saver, now i hear with 3.1 tethering settings will change and people would only be able to activate it through ATT

so what you guys think, will i be able to send pictures on the 25th or will ATT do something stupid to make us all update to 3.1 to have us more on a leash since they know we want MMS?

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think all that will happen on the 25th is an AT&T carrier update will be available via iTunes to unlock MMS, like what you did. But it is quite possible 3.1 could be released with that carrier file already inherent within it. At any rate, it wouldn't matter what is done software-wise, AT&T has to do the necessary changes to accounts on their end to make MMS a reality and by their mentioning Sept. 25th as a specific target date, I think this is exactly what they are readying for that time period.

crystus

Bronze
Jul 5, 2009
Deltona, FL
It seems that they have been activating it by region because here in FL I have had it fully functional for the past week.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Mine is working to. Southern Indiana. Evansville to be exact
Care you give your settings what what carrier file you are using? I downloaded the 5.0 I found and put in some settings but none seem to work so far. So if you'd be so kind (or even PM them to me).

Thanks.