ichat or AIM app?

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I install it via the installer app , I don't know how to get it on the iPhone without windows as it is installed via ibrickr. I haven't bought my mac notebook yet so all my knowledge is windblows based. Never should have sold my g4 PowerBook, had the sweet little 12 inch model !

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
I install it via the installer app , I don't know how to get it on the iPhone without windows as it is installed via ibrickr. I haven't bought my mac notebook yet so all my knowledge is windblows based. Never should have sold my g4 PowerBook, had the sweet little 12 inch model !

im rollin on a i book g4.. it is still cool so i havae no reason to get a intell based one yet.... but seems that all teh hacking is donr via the intel based macs...

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
im rollin on a i book g4.. it is still cool so i havae no reason to get a intell based one yet.... but seems that all teh hacking is donr via the intel based macs...
I also use a non-intel mac

Rock this: http://iPhone.nullriver.com/beta/

it will pop up on your desktop, and install itself on your iPhone. Then go to the "Community" section under installer on your iPhone. Find Apollo or mobilechat and install that. Its up to you which you want to use, as both have pros and cons. The nice thing about the installer is; you can uninstall and reinstall anything you like.

Sync your iPhone before all of this, just to make sure. I have had no problems with this. I was afraid to try it at first but as many people have said, you can always restore your phone if any problem occurs.

BTW these apps run off of EDGE or WiFi, so you won't get charged txt msgs.
good luck

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
I also use a non-intel mac

Rock this: http://iPhone.nullriver.com/beta/

it will pop up on your desktop, and install itself on your iPhone. Then go to the "Community" section under installer on your iPhone. Find Apollo or mobilechat and install that. Its up to you which you want to use, as both have pros and cons. The nice thing about the installer is; you can uninstall and reinstall anything you like.

Sync your iPhone before all of this, just to make sure. I have had no problems with this. I was afraid to try it at first but as many people have said, you can always restore your phone if any problem occurs.

BTW these apps run off of EDGE or WiFi, so you won't get charged txt msgs.
good luck

yes that is what i tried.. it froze my phone in the "plug in to iTunes" and that yellow triangle also the program from the computer told me to abort the proram.. did this twice and i had to reboot my iPhone twice....

any suggestions.... please,,,,

thanks

ben1380

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yes that is what i tried.. it froze my phone in the "plug in to iTunes" and that yellow triangle.. did this twice and i had to reboot my iPhone twice....

any suggestions.... please,,,,

thanks
I don't know but it worked for me. ApolloIM keeps crashing tho, so I'm using mobile chat! Woot it works. Eff Apple and eff AT&T. I gave them 2 months and they gave me nothing but a backstabbing

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
I don't know but it worked for me. ApolloIM keeps crashing tho, so I'm using mobile chat! Woot it works. Eff Apple and eff AT&T. I gave them 2 months and they gave me nothing but a backstabbing

you are saying that you have a non intel mac and you installed apptapp fine with no problem?

care to help with a step by step?

because i cant get the damm thing to work with out it freezing the phone

muckymucky

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
aye Bay~Bay~
maybe close iTunes when installing is what uou need, because when jailbreaking on windows, having iTunes opened causes jailbreak to fail.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I don't know if its the same on macs as it is on Windblows machines but now that the new iTunes is out iBrickr doesn't work anymore. They even said on their website that the newest iTunes changes something, it has to do with a dll file, so I know macs are totally different, but if you had the newest iTunes on your mac maybe thats it?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
thanks but i cant figure out what to do .... all i want is that mobile chat and installing apptapp froze it... im just not sure on what to do..

thanks

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I wish I knew more about a mac to help you out. Only thing I can suggest is if you know someone with a PC that is running XP/Vista hit them up. Nice thing that I found with jailbreaking is that you can do it on any machine, I did my girl's iPhone on my notebook and it didn't mess up her iTunes library or anything like that. I jailbroke her phone and then away she went not the worse for wear and just synced things up. You just have to make sure you don't do a restore, you can sync, but if you restore you remove the jailbreak.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
If you have an unlimited messaging plan, and if you want AIM only, just use AIM-to-SMS. All your aim messages come in just like a text message and you can reply. I use it every day and it works great.

I do not like web apps for IMing... you're not connected all the time and you don't get notified when a new message comes in.

I can't speak to the "native" apps... haven't tried them. I'll wait until Apple gives us iChat for TRULY native.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes thanks.. i think that ill just hit someone up.... but i noticed since apptapp froze my phone... it gets really hot and i don't know what to do.. any siggestions?

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
that's odd. Look around here though I think I remember seeing a thread talking about heating up . If it froze and didn't get anything installed it shouldn't have changed the phone

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
that's odd. Look around here though I think I remember seeing a thread talking about heating up . If it froze and didn't get anything installed it shouldn't have changed the phone
yes it is weird.. it killed the phone............. i got the yellow triangle and all.....

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
yes it is weird.. it killed the phone............. i got the yellow triangle and all.....
Ok,

1) delete the apptapp download from your computer.

2) restore your iPhone if that is needed, or recovery mode. (may need to recover if you are have a freezing problem)

3) re-download apptapp 3.1 again from that link i gave before. I had a problem the first time as well.

4) make sure iTunes is closed when you open apptapp.

5) double click the icon on your desktop once you plug the iPhone into the USB

6) again, make sure you don't have iTunes open.

7) you will see the yellow triangle for a little bit, the phone may reset up to 2 times during this process as well.

I have had no issues with any of those programs being unstable or closing all the time.

I actually had to recover my phone by plugging it in while holding the home button. this is due to the apptapp being interrupted during the process. My phone froze as well.

The first time i did this a week ago, i had no issues, and i completed this process a few hours ago once again.

if you have any questions, PM me or IM me (ironically) the IM button is under my avatar, that walk through should work.

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Once the SDK hits I hope that Jivetalk becomes native. I have used it on both my BB Pearl and Curve, and thought it was the best around. I like beejive.com, I'm just not a big fan of the web apps. So my fingers are crossed that Beejive will release a native Jivetalk app.