If Hillary gets elected, does the iPhone work in Canada?

bpepperman

Jun 10, 2007
No, Democrats fight for the uneducated. Democrats punish people for being successful, going to college, making money, by taking it from them and redistributing it to the uneducated that chose not to make something of their life. It is really quite scary, and, fundamentally, unAmerican.
You are "fundamentally" a baffoon, as you mispelled "scary" and are thereforee "fundamentally" uneducated. If the above is true than we fight for YOU, but no it is not true. It is simply this: our country was started on the principles of freedom and equal opportunity, even for those who are less fortunate. Because the lower classes are less fortunate, many are unsuccessful and cannot go to college. As fellow countrymen and Americans, it is unethical to ask of them the same which we ask for from the more well off citizens. Im talking about taxes. From the extra taxes the wealtheir pay, the lower classes are in turn able to receive an education, and go to college, and enjoy equal opportunities. The wealtheir do not always pay higher taxes, just when there is danger of imminent economic collapse, such as in the beginning of Bush jr's first term. Notice how under the Clinton administration the federal debt was the lowest its been in the past 15 to 20 years?

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
You are "fundamentally" a baffoon, as you mispelled "scary" and are thereforee "fundamentally" uneducated. If the above is true than we fight for YOU, but no it is not true. It is simply this: our country was started on the principles of freedom and equal opportunity, even for those who are less fortunate. Because the lower classes are less fortunate, many are unsuccessful and cannot go to college. As fellow countrymen and Americans, it is unethical to ask of them the same which we ask for from the more well off citizens. Im talking about taxes. From the extra taxes the wealtheir pay, the lower classes are in turn able to receive an education, and go to college, and enjoy equal opportunities. The wealtheir do not always pay higher taxes, just when there is danger of imminent economic collapse, such as in the beginning of Bush jr's first term. Notice how under the Clinton administration the federal debt was the lowest its been in the past 15 to 20 years?
Hear Hear:p:p:p

Eliza

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Oh man...

funny thread!

I have no problem with a woman President, I only have a problem with people voting for one... JUST BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN. :eek:

Anyway, iPhone is only 2 days away as of this typing!
I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I liked Warren Buffet's comments when Bush instituted the tax cuts. He said, "I don't really need this tax cut. I'm one of the very lucky people in this country who has the privilege to write check to the government with a very long string of zeroes."

His other great comment, when he gave billions to the Gates Foundation was, "I am a big believer in capitalism but capitalism has fallen short in helping it's poor and needy."

(Those are paraphrases, BTW.)

The meaning I read into these comments, by one who has lived the American dream as well as anyone, is that it is fundamentally American and fundamentally Capitalist for those who are successful to give back more to the society that enables them in that success.

How does this fit into the awful debate here about Hillary? I think those who worry about her taxing the rich are fundamentally flawed in their thinking of how our system works. Our system of government, as laid out by the founding fathers, was all about equality and the individual. "All men are created equal..." Our systems of taxation, though not always successful in doing this, are supposed to enhance this aspect of our society. Take from the rich and give to the poor. And that's as it should be. It's what makes us a very strong nation and gives the most people the greatest opportunity to succeed.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I have no problem with a woman President, I only have a problem with people voting for one... JUST BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN. :eek:
I don't think anyone (that I know of) is claiming to want her because she's a woman. I think people want to vote for the very best person for the job. Plain and simple. If the best man for the job is a woman, so be it.

Eliza

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I don't think anyone (that I know of) is claiming to want her because she's a woman. I think people want to vote for the very best person for the job. Plain and simple. If the best man for the job is a woman, so be it.
You might want to tell that to gt1948.

DigitalEndorphins

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Oh c'mon now...

You know some people vote for candidates based on silly things such as just being republican/democrat so don't assume people are not shallow/selfish enough just to choose her because she is a woman.

Look at Bush, he was voted in just because he's republican, not because he was the best man for the job. ;)

Anyway, back to the iPhone.

"She" sure is sexy don't you think?!":p

kewl!o

Bronze
May 28, 2007
Apex, NC
thethirdrail.wordpress.com
both parties suck

No, Democrats fight for the uneducated. Democrats punish people for being successful, going to college, making money, by taking it from them and redistributing it to the uneducated that chose not to make something of their life. It is really quite scary, and, fundamentally, unAmerican.
but if you must generalize, this is it:

Democrat = you are a victim and cannot take care of yourself, thereforee we will take your money and take care of you

Republican = less gov't is good - you are responsible for taking care of yourself, so buck up

Granted, this is an oversimplification ...

kewl!o

Bronze
May 28, 2007
Apex, NC
thethirdrail.wordpress.com
you are right, our taxes are UNfair

Im talking about taxes. From the extra taxes the wealtheir pay, the lower classes are in turn able to receive an education, and go to college, and enjoy equal opportunities. The wealtheir do not always pay higher taxes
I could make a comment about your misspelling as you did the previous post, but I will be the bigger person...

You obviously don't know what you're talking about (taxes). You should educate yourself before speaking out.

Fact: top 5% of Americans pay over 50% of all taxes
Fact: top 10% pay over 65% of all taxes
Fact: bottom 50% pay less than 3% of all taxes

So, when you decry that tax cuts go "to the rich" - can you possibly understand why this would be?! The "poor" don't pay any taxes. Let me say this again, as it bears repeating:

The poor do not pay any taxes. The rich pay most of the taxes. And this is after the tax cuts!

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
you first (just not to Canada...)
Nope. I survived the Bush fiasco, so I'm staying.

I will gladly welcome another Clinton into the White House to fix the mess that a Bush created.

Personally, I'd rather have Edwards or Obama, but Hillary could do the job well.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I could make a comment about your misspelling as you did the previous post, but I will be the bigger person...

You obviously don't know what you're talking about (taxes). You should educate yourself before speaking out.

Fact: top 5% of Americans pay over 50% of all taxes
Fact: top 10% pay over 65% of all taxes
Fact: bottom 50% pay less than 3% of all taxes

So, when you decry that tax cuts go "to the rich" - can you possibly understand why this would be?! The "poor" don't pay any taxes. Let me say this again, as it bears repeating:

The poor do not pay any taxes. The rich pay most of the taxes. And this is after the tax cuts!
The problem with those proportions is that you really need to look at taxes as a percentage of a living wage. What portion of subsistence income does any given tax bracket pay?

If you work at Micky D's the small dollar amount you pay in taxes has a much higher impact on your overall ability to make ends meet at the end of the month. Therefore, it reduces your ability to ever get ahead in life.

If you make $1M+ a year the 50% of that the government sucks away has no impact on your subsistence income. And currently, with the low long term capital gains tax, the rate that most wealthy Americans is taxed only amounts to 15%.

bpepperman

Jun 10, 2007
Nope. I survived the Bush fiasco, so I'm staying.

I will gladly welcome another Clinton into the White House to fix the mess that a Bush created.

Personally, I'd rather have Edwards or Obama, but Hillary could do the job well.
I agree with you, though Obama is stronger, with Hilary you also get Bill back in the White House, which i feel is a plus. Regardless, Hilary and Obama complement eachother. Just as long as a RIGHT WING EVANGELICAL FREAK is not elected I will be content, and as for the individual who claimed I mispelled, you are wrong. I missed an apostrophe, just shoot me!