If I wait until the iPhone 3G is unlocked (and it will be)

GSY

Bronze
Mar 22, 2007
can I use it on my original iPhone data plan which is $10 cheaper and includes 200 free SMS per month?

My thought would be to buy an unlocked 3G from a reputable third party and then simply use it with the SIM card from my original iPhone 2G.

Does this sound like it could work? Thank you in advance.

G

GSY

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
can I use it on my original iPhone data plan which is $10 cheaper and includes 200 free SMS per month?

My thought would be to buy an unlocked 3G from a reputable third party and then simply use it with the SIM card from my original iPhone 2G.

Does this sound like it could work? Thank you in advance.

G

GSY
Yes, you will be good to go!

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I'm wondering if you would still have 3G access under this scenario. Quite possibly you would. But as out of contract 3G iPhones start at about $700 (currently, see ebay) how would the $15/month savings be worth it?

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
I'm wondering if you would still have 3G access under this scenario. Quite possibly you would. But as out of contract 3G iPhones start at about $700 (currently, see ebay) how would the $15/month savings be worth it?
well it depends on who is buying.. for some people its still worth it getting from ebay as most of the Apple stores and authorized stores like att and O2 are sold out in a matter of few days....
and people cant wait to want one...