iFrogz Luxe Lean Review with pictures

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
The iFrogz Luxe Lean

I purchased the iFrogz Luxe Lean on iDay4 to protect my investment until something better came out. I have been pleasantly surprised with it up to this point. First let me start off by saying that I am all about minimalism. I like to keep my phone in my pocket and not have a lint trap for a case. I hate the bulkiness of most cases out there, and am looking for something to mainly protect the iPhone4 from scratches and desk dives.

The iFrogz Luxe Lean has a wonderful feel in the hand. It is stiffer than a silicon case but not has rigid as a plastic case. It is velvety smooth and slides in and out of the pocket nicely. It does not collect lint and does its job in stopping the scratches and bumps from normal use.

As you can see the back is total enclosed so that is a negative from me. The iPhone has a fantastic look and keeping that would be great. At least give me a cutout so I can see the Apple logo.

The sides are vented, I originally assumed to allow for better signal strength, but it could be for the heat that the iPhone puts out while using Facetime.

The top and bottom are not protected but that does allow easy access to the Power Button and Headphone Jack. The Microphone and Speaker are exposed on the bottom of the unit as well. My favorite part about the Luxe Lean case is that the volume and vibrate switch are open. Most cases that I have seen on iDay4 were totally enclosed making it hard to change the volume or vibrate switch.

The screen is not covered at all, but that is what the screen protector of your choice is for. The iFrogz Luxe Lean does have a raised lip over the edge of the screen to help with it laying on a flat surface. The case snaps onto the iPhone very well and is quite secure.

If you are like me and looking for a minimal case that will not add bulk to your pocket the iFrogz Luxe Lean just might tie you over until the main companies start shipping product.

****Thanks to mathieuheartmac for the pictures****

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I really like this case. I have two of them, gunmetal and pink.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I have the pink one and it has grown on me over the week since I bought it. I will say this though...I hope Kate Spade releases cases for the iPhone 4. My iPhone needs a designer case! ;)

zx11kllr

Jun 24, 2010
I bought the green one because that is what they had at the time. While I am not a huge fan of the green, I am definitely a fan of the case. One thing i really like is the felt on the inside to protect the back of the phone. I'll pick up an iron one when one shows up at the local best buy.

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
I've been looking around for this case since I saw Europa's pink one, but I cant find iPhone 4 cases anywhere in my town!
Best Buy had ZERO on launch day and Ive been going every other day and they haven't received anything >:-/
How much is this case?

Streetheat

Jun 27, 2010
I also purchased the iFrogs case and totally love it! My case covers the top and bottom more than the author's case. However, none of the buttons or the connector are covered in any way.

I got mine at the ATT store for $29.99 along with a 3pack of clear front screen protectors for $9.99.

Good luck!

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Picked one of these up today in iron. Every best buy near me was sold out but the best buy mobile in the mall had a few. If you have a best buy in your mall I would check them out.