I'm On It

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I, for one, can't wait for this to roll out! I'm a shameless fanboy, and have been with .mac since it was iTools. I've always WANTED to love .mac, and not look back, but Google had me with Gmail and their calendar. I always scratched my head at why Apple was so slow to compete. Clearly it wasn't a priority for them. I've hung in there, and use .mac for sync of my Macs, Back to my Mac and the Backup program, but that's about it. I know Apple's BIG about keeping the wraps on things, but geez, why not give us frustrated but loyal .mac users a heads up? Let us know that SOMETHING is coming? That would keep people on board who otherwise have jumped ship.

I will go with a .me address (even though it sounds kind of dumb--it's simple), and experiment with the sync stuff. Like in the MobileMe demo, I have Outlook 2003 on XP at work, and all Macs at home.

Questions:
1) I'm curious how the "cloud" will push appointment updates to/from Outlook. Do you think there will be a client for this? I'm having a hard time seeing how this would work without one. They said Outlook 2003 works with it...but it's not great in supporting the iCal format. I know 2007 is better.

2) Any possibility of sharing the .mac calendars with others? My girlfriend and I share our Google Calendars with each other and that would be really important for me to give her access to view only.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Good to see I'm not alone. I'm quite excited about the capabilities of MobileMe.

As for your questions, I'm not sure. I've never been a .Mac user, and the full details on MobileMe haven't been released yet, so you have to wait until it comes out to find out.

- John