Improved battery life in iOS 6.1

Ko28

Jul 5, 2013
I can normally get a whole day between texting checking email streaming music, not too bad I guess

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I use my iPhone 5 often to check the weather on days that are questionable (I'm a biker and don't like riding in the rain), view e-mail, play some games, make and take calls, and of course check Everythingicafe often for new posts. I can't say that I have tracked my actual hours of usage per day but I would guess I'm in the average category. At somewhere around 10:00pm every night, when I plug my phone into the charger and shut it down, I am generally around 40 to 60% of battery life left. Occasionally, I'll go two days without charging or I'll purposely run the battery down to under 5% before recharging. I keep my screen brightness at a reasonable level depending on the ambient lighting and always have location services, WiFi and Bluetooth turned on. Without being able to quantify it, I feel that the battery life of my 5 is slightly better than either my 4 or 4S.

June Girl

Jul 11, 2013
Mine takes about 7 hours on the average with LTE on the entire time. I browse facebook, check emails, listen to music, text, calls and download apps. I also use it for my notes and reminders. When I don't have much to do, I play bakery story. I recently bought a 5200mah Power Bank so that I could use my iPhone 5 without ever worrying about running out of batt! :)