In & Around Boston

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
his words exactly...

He said he didn't really think it would be insane. I think it could go either way! I'm going to just prepare myself for the worst - and hope for the best!

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
Nope - Not Crazy - A high school teacher

... so maybe I AM crazy! he he! I love Disneyland. And the submarines are opening again on June 11, so who wouldn't want to go?!? It's my annual "You just finished an insane school year with 15-17 year olds for 6-1/2 hours a day -- now what are you going to do? --- I'm going to DISNEYLAND! trip!"

:cool:

And then when I get back I have iPhone Mania™ to look forward to. It just doesn't get any better! I hang at Steve Jobs' amusement park - then make calls etc.. on his cellphone. sweeet!

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
Update!

Dedham was going to be my target on the 29th - BUT I have changed my plan. After poring over the locations around me, I have determined I will be going to the RANDOLPH store!

Now you may say, "Kurt, why would you go to Randolph?" Turns out it is on a little out of the way road off of 128, AND opens at 9AM instead of 10 like Dedham! I figure that extra hour will work out nicely. Downside is there is no Krispy Kreme nearby. But I can live without a little sugary goodness. I'm sure I'll need to lay off the sweets after a week of vacation in Calee-fornya (as Ahnold would say)

Kurt

iPhonematic

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Dedham was going to be my target on the 29th - BUT I have changed my plan. After poring over the locations around me, I have determined I will be going to the RANDOLPH store!

Now you may say, "Kurt, why would you go to Randolph?" Turns out it is on a little out of the way road off of 128, AND opens at 9AM instead of 10 like Dedham! I figure that extra hour will work out nicely. Downside is there is no Krispy Kreme nearby. But I can live without a little sugary goodness. I'm sure I'll need to lay off the sweets after a week of vacation in Calee-fornya (as Ahnold would say)

Kurt
What about the Apple store in Chestnut Hill ?

ArtGuy

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Beantown, USA
Thought about the local Apple Stores, but.....

ATTingular in my opinion will be the place to go - for one reason. they are familiar with activation/plans etc.. AND I am eligible for a 15% discount on my service since I am a teacher in Mass.

For that alone, I am not going to an Apple Store. I have a sneaking suspicion that purchasing and activating are going to be a really time consuming effort there. Not to mention that they will most likely give me a blank stare when I present my Sprint bill for number transfer, and my union card for the discount.

After all, this is the first time they have sold a product that will require "activation" of some kind.

My guess is ATTingular folks will handle it just like any other phone. Choose the phone - choose a plan - hand over your cash - leave store with BIG grin! :laugh2:

(of course the last line applies to iPhone - not your regular average Joe phone)

Oh and as a bonus - the store I'm goiing to opens at9AM - a full hour earlier than any Apple store in the mall!

Kurt

iPhonematic

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
ATTingular in my opinion will be the place to go - for one reason. they are familiar with activation/plans etc.. AND I am eligible for a 15% discount on my service since I am a teacher in Mass.

For that alone, I am not going to an Apple Store. I have a sneaking suspicion that purchasing and activating are going to be a really time consuming effort there. Not to mention that they will most likely give me a blank stare when I present my Sprint bill for number transfer, and my union card for the discount.

After all, this is the first time they have sold a product that will require "activation" of some kind.

My guess is ATTingular folks will handle it just like any other phone. Choose the phone - choose a plan - hand over your cash - leave store with BIG grin! :laugh2:

(of course the last line applies to iPhone - not your regular average Joe phone)

Oh and as a bonus - the store I'm goiing to opens at9AM - a full hour earlier than any Apple store in the mall!

Kurt
I'm assuming the Apple store will have more then the ATT store...but i totally agree with you....my fear is that the Apple Store will end up like a PS3 launch with nothing but chaos once the store opens...

corcor

Jun 23, 2007
Hi everybody, first time everythingiPhoner here...

I went to the Apple store in the Chestnut Hill mall yesterday to inquire about the launch, and the woman there told me they would not be selling the phone until 6 p.m. next Friday. Has anyone else heard whether this is the norm for Apple stores?

I checked out a couple of Cingular stores, but both said they were unlikely to carry the iPhone on the launch date.

corcor

Jun 23, 2007
D'oh, I'm an idiot...just read the thread below about the Apple stores closing at 4 and reopening at 6.

Sorry guys! See you on Friday!

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
This is sort of the Boston area but i will be at the Rockingham Mall in Salem NH. Mall opens at 10 but I'm gonna try to get in early and be outside the store at 9:42am just in case.

- SR

everythingiphone123

Jun 5, 2007
This is sort of the Boston area but i will be at the Rockingham Mall in Salem NH. Mall opens at 10 but I'm gonna try to get in early and be outside the store at 9:42am just in case.

- SR
lol whats up with nh wanting to be boston...first they name their airport manchester-boston airport, even tho its 1 1/2 hours away from logan, know spacerog thinks salem nh is ma as well.... lol :p

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Well I live in Lowell which is in MA, right near the border, besides it is just all one big suburb. Besides I think it is closer to boston than Randolph, where the hell is that? ;-)

Just checked the iPhone Map, there are only like three pins in it any where near the city. I am surprised that no one has put one in Burlington or Cambridge yet.

- SR