Incipio Atlas iPhone 5

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Now that's old school. I haven't seen one of those for years. The sound is quality is pretty bad since it heavily compresses it. If you're considering an upgrade, I recommend a head unit with USB. You'll love it. It sounds great and charges at the same time with just the one USB cable. You can get an iPod ready head unit for less than $100.
www.crutchfield.com is a great site for car audio with good prices and excellent customer service.

And no, I am not a spammer. :D

Reactions: Europa

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Is the glass screen protector on the case treated with a oleo-phobic coating to repel fingerprints?

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk HD
No it's not coated with any kind of treatment. And yes it's a fingerprint magnet, but what's good about it is you can wash it off under water. Can't even tell there is a glass screen protecting it.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
So where in town can I pick one up? I tried best buy and a Verizon store. I ended up buying the otter box armor and its frigging huge. I want to buy the atlas and the obex and do a review on all 4 cases.

Sent using iCafe app
The black and white ones are Verizon exclusive, you should call around other Verizon stores. Or try amazon.com I know the dark grey ones are in stock.

BeK

Apr 28, 2013
No it's not coated with any kind of treatment. And yes it's a fingerprint magnet, but what's good about it is you can wash it off under water. Can't even tell there is a glass screen protecting it.
That's too bad. At least you can wash it off with soap and water.
The fact that it's a fingerprint magnet is a deal breaker for me though because when I'm at work its not always convenient to get to a sink to wash it off. I could use screen wipes but that's a headache as well.
Thanks for the response though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
That's too bad. At least you can wash it off with soap and water.
The fact that it's a fingerprint magnet is a deal breaker for me though because when I'm at work its not always convenient to get to a sink to wash it off. I could use screen wipes but that's a headache as well.
Thanks for the response though.

Honestly you can't really see the fingerprints unless the screen is turned off. When the screen is turned on its it's barely noticeable, if that.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Use a t shirt or whatever you're wearing to wipe. The screen is glass. Not going to scratch like clear plastic does.
I was going to suggest the same thing :D
Like glasses, a few heavy breaths on the screen and wipe off with a T-shirt or handkerchief (if in businesss attire)

BeK

Apr 28, 2013
Does the case distort the sound at all? I use speakerphone ALL THE TIME when I do actually use the phone for talking (which is rare) oppose to texting.

BeK

Apr 28, 2013
I was going to suggest the same thing :D
Like glasses, a few heavy breaths on the screen and wipe off with a T-shirt or handkerchief (if in businesss attire)
I still hate having to wipe my screen off ever 30 minutes though.

BeK

Apr 28, 2013

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

BeK

Apr 28, 2013
My comment was directed towards one within a case. ;) But, thanks for your input.
Completely understood. The point I was trying to make is that I've grown a costume to having a screen that repels fingerprints so by buying this case would be a significant tradeoff for me.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Found a pretty big issue with the White Atlas case. The White/Pink version at least. I also have a friend that is having the same issue...
Major glare when using the flash with this case in particular. Black case, no glare. Thought it may be that it's a white iPhone inside the white backed case, so I took the black back from my Atlas case and put it on the white case and No more glare.
Same lighting & subject ( well minus 1 dog, but close enough)
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1367458043.491146.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1367458056.916797.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1367458068.198049.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1367458076.513570.jpg

Photos sent to Incipio Support to see what help / advice they can offer.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
People remember what the case is meant to do, there will always be some trade of when seeking this type of full protection, whether muffled sound or picture issues. I'm not saying you need to accept it if it doesn't meet your expectations, all I'm saying is to keep things in perspective.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Found a pretty big issue with the White Atlas case. The White/Pink version at least. I also have a friend that is having the same issue...
Major glare when using the flash with this case in particular. Black case, no glare. Thought it may be that it's a white iPhone inside the white backed case, so I took the black back from my Atlas case and put it on the white case and No more glare.
Same lighting & subject ( well minus 1 dog, but close enough)
View attachment 29174
View attachment 29175
View attachment 29176
View attachment 29177

Photos sent to Incipio Support to see what help / advice they can offer.
People remember what the case is meant to do, there will always be some trade of when seeking this type of full protection, whether muffled sound or picture issues. I'm not saying you need to accept it if it doesn't meet your expectations, all I'm saying is to keep things in perspective.
But with the LifeProof, there was no glare. This is a big downer for me. But, why is it different with two different colored cases? I'm curious to see a review on the Obex.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Oh I do, but the LifeProof never had this type of a glare issue with the flash.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
But with the LifeProof, there was no glare. This is a big downer for me. But, why is it different with two different colored cases? I'm curious to see a review on the Obex.
If I had to guess, I would think that the white color on the case is reflecting some of the light from the flash back into the lens.