Introducing Post Ratings

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
What are the "half of the features of the site" other then my temporarily disabling the "like" system from the free app that works with both the iPhone and iPad -- and is completely ad-free?
Downvoting. System preferences and settings. Now likes. Pm system broken. (links and pic additions). On top of the multiple daily crashes.
Yes the ad free is nice and I am glad we have an app and I appreciate your work. However comma feel the push to use the site more and more lately.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
WOW Chris this is a nice new feature. Good Work!

I've tried out the tester and I wanted to give it a Like and Informative rating, but it only allowed me to do one.

Will you allow for someone to possibly give two ratings to a post if it is appropriate or is that too messy?

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
I wonder what it takes to get to loose privileges?
Hmm testing
got a extra email...... I doubt it's an ip ban but you could tell us if u ever get back on lol

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Please feel free to try these out on the "lowly test user". Please do not throw these around or abuse them. As with the like system, abuses could result in removal of some or all forum privileges. These are not an invitation to start disliking every post of someone you might consider your forum advisory.
I'm pretty sure you meant adversary, not advisory. Thus, the bad spelling rating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Hey chris how bout a pay app that has all the features of the full site... It would be worth the cash and give you some gain for your work

Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Downvoting. System preferences and settings. Now likes. Pm system broken. (links and pic additions). On top of the multiple daily crashes.
Yes the ad free is nice and I am glad we have an app and I appreciate your work. However comma feel the push to use the site more and more lately.
Most of the settings work within the app. Down voting was introduced today, along with post ratings. The app is a complimentary addition to the website. The website in most cases will be first to get updates, new features. Anything new that I add goes through a testing phase. I certainly hope the new features are well received, but there is no sense in starting the process of rolling these into the app until I'm 100% certain they work for the community. I don't want to hold back on features that I can roll out now and have users enjoy, simply to create parity with the app. We'll keep the pedal to the medal on improving the site and then get the app up to speed as those new features are embraced.

Reactions: patrickj

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hey chris how bout a pay app that has all the features of the full site... It would be worth the cash and give you some gain for your work

A mobile version, coming in Q2, might work with all the new features. I should know more in the coming weeks. For all I know, these new features crash and burn.:eek:

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Fair enough. Love the forum learned a lot that woulda took weeks to figure out on my own and some I never woulda thought of

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
How are you supposed to know which post people rate you on? I only see who likes my posts and which post.

English isn't my first langauge, so I apologize in advanced for the poor spelling-
Benny.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
How are you supposed to know which post people rate you on? I only see who likes my posts and which post.

English isn't my first langauge, so I apologize in advanced for the poor spelling-
Benny.
It should list on on your dashboard. This is what I've seen on mine:
ImageUploadedByiCafe1332557025.505672.jpg

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

Benny.
You receive notifications on new post ratings.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Got it, I had notification off. Thanks.

Benny.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Noticed the like button is back in the app. I spend 95% of my time on the app, so this is a nice feature to have back again. Even though it was disabled only for a short time. Sometimes there are posts that are too long to quote, then edit out a lot of it to comment on so I'll tap the like button.
Thanks for turning this feature back on again.
When on the full site I do like these new features as well. Hopefully they will be able to coexist.

Reactions: Mommy

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
There's too many buttons right now, personally I don't like just the down vote of a thread, what about up vote? If 10 people dislike a thread it's basically doomed, what if 10 people like the thread?
Also the poor spelling, you can edit the post later on and that wouldn't make sense anymore. Maybe I don't see the big picture here.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Benny still worried about spelling lol
Anyway I think there will be people take the voting personally and may read to much into their score
If I get tons of blue checks it just says I am bad at spelling and that is true

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Benny still worried about spelling lol
Anyway I think there will be people take the voting personally and may read to much into their score
If I get tons of blue checks it just says I am bad at spelling and that is true
Not as long as we have editing, and unlimited quantity of that too.