Introducing Post Ratings

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Seems rather redundant to have two different versions of liking a post on the site, but I do know that the one we've always had is stock with XenForo. I presume you'll be disabling it?

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Also, just so you know, unless I have some interesting moderator powers, I can remove OTHER people's ratings, from any post on the forum.

EDIT: For example:

If I hover my cursor over any of the groups, red X's will appear next to all the names in that group. If I click the red X, the rating is removed.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Seems rather redundant to have two different versions of liking a post on the site, but I do know that the one we've always had is stock with XenForo. I presume you'll be disabling it?
For now, I'm allowing the duplication in order to keep "likes" available in the app. They do the same thing and count towards the main, stock like system. I might reduce the opacity of the secondary post ratings system to keep things clean.

Also, just so you know, unless I have some interesting moderator powers, I can remove OTHER people's ratings, from any post on the forum.

EDIT: For example:

If I hover my cursor over any of the groups, red X's will appear next to all the names in that group. If I click the red X, the rating is removed.
Thanks for noticing that. It should be fixed.

Reactions: Leo