Invisible Shield and iPhone

How many people order the Invisible Shield

• Total voters

NLU Products

Jun 19, 2007
Utah
If I wanted to use the back piece to protect the case, but not the front piece is that possible? The reason I ask is that I have the crystal film on mine already and I'm not sure I want to replace this piece. Does the back piece cover everything but the screen?

FYI, I bought and tried the invisibleshield. I've used it on an iPod and liked it but hated it on the iPhone. The fit on the back wasn't great, it felt like a rough edge around the volume keys and where the chrome part was, and the sticky grip make it terrible to try to get in and out of the dock.
Yes, you could easily do that. The back piece covers everything including the silver rim around the front, but not the screen. The front piece covers the screen only. Thanks for your comments.

Quilliam

Jul 8, 2007
I finally put on my IS.

I use the crystal case that the Apple store sold so I only needed it for my screen and that was the only section I put on.

Instilation was easy. The edges got slightly messed up when I put it back into the crystal case. But I can live with it.

The "sticky" feel of the screen exist, but it is ok with me. It slows down my movment only slightly when slidding and pinching but it increased my accuracy with typing.

Screen looks very good under the IS.

And the best part is, psychologicaly I can now let other people hold my iPhone without freaking out :)

A worthy investment because I enjoy my phone now with piece of mind.

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
Can someone who uses the Invisible Shield from ShieldZone please post pictures of their iPhone, also those who use BodyGuardz, I'd like to compare the looks. Thanks! I ordered a ShieldZone one today and I'm thinking about canceling it. Any feedback would help!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have a screen protector over my iPhone and it works just fine.
I also have the "body Shield" on order and will review it when it gets here.

machd

Aug 1, 2007
Can someone who uses the Invisible Shield from ShieldZone please post pictures of their iPhone, also those who use BodyGuardz, I'd like to compare the looks. Thanks! I ordered a ShieldZone one today and I'm thinking about canceling it. Any feedback would help!
I can take a pic of mine. Its been only 24 hours and I think I messed up a corner but I absolutey love it. I told friends at work I got a new case
for my phone. When they asked to see it I told them they are holding it. LOL

machd

Aug 1, 2007
I don't know if this is good or bad. It's in low light and the flash makes it look horrible. I love it.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
I purchased the BodyGuardz, and absolutely hated them. They made the screen look horrible. It was very similar to when you put water on a television screen. Yes, I waited the 48 hours for it to dry, heck I wait for 4 days. Nothing, the screen remained it's new horrible look. It did not feel tacky to the touch, but it still made the screen lose some of its luster. I actually found some cheap skin at one of those mall stands that sells skins for ipods that looked better on the screen than the bodyguardz did. Save your money. I am not sure, though, what I want now for my iPhone, InvisibleShield or the crystal one from the Apple Store. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

machd

Aug 1, 2007
I purchased the BodyGuardz, and absolutely hated them. They made the screen look horrible. It was very similar to when you put water on a television screen. Yes, I waited the 48 hours for it to dry, heck I wait for 4 days. Nothing, the screen remained it's new horrible look. It did not feel tacky to the touch, but it still made the screen lose some of its luster. I actually found some cheap skin at one of those mall stands that sells skins for ipods that looked better on the screen than the bodyguardz did. Save your money. I am not sure, though, what I want now for my iPhone, InvisibleShield or the crystal one from the Apple Store. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.
Ive had the exact opposite experience. As you can see from the pic above, my bodyguards isn't even noticeable. Since i put it on, people all want to see my iPhone. All of them have said to me "don't you think you should get a cover of some kind?" to which my reply is simply a smile. I didn't expect perfection, but what i got is close to it. Its already saved my phone fron a few scratches. I wont use anything else.

Also many speak of this "tacky" feel. Mine doesn't feel that way. I think a better description is smooth, but not as smooth as the iPhone glass with a little of your fingerprint oil. If anything, the skin greatly reduces the number of prints on the screen.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Use Apples crystal film set. You won't have any problems like you had with bodyguardz because you won't apply any solution on the crystal film set. You just basically stick it in there. I have one on mine and I love it.

This iqase video is very similar to the of the cyrstal film set

Oh yeah, Invisible shield is pretty much just like bodyguardz.​

chefj

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Also many speak of this "tacky" feel. Mine doesn't feel that way. I think a better description is smooth, but not as smooth as the iPhone glass with a little of your fingerprint oil. If anything, the skin greatly reduces the number of prints on the screen.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree, i like the protection without the "tacky" feeling. I feel it truly looks like a part of the iPhone.I have had no problems.

itb165

Aug 6, 2007
i got the isee case...i recommend it to everyone...i have yet to drop my iPhone but i feel its protected by this case...the clip gets annoying at times

sselemit

Sep 15, 2007
Why use a shield? The screen is almost unscratchable...
That is the point, you use the shield to cover the "almost" part. Making sure it is 100% unscratchable. For the most important part, eliminating the finger prints and smudges. :laugh2: