Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Reactions: Kadelic

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@Rafagon, after crying wolf like that with the bold, underlined "major," you're going to have to resort to bright, flashing colors, with an embedded alert audio tone to get our attention next time. But even then, I'd probably still assume it was just another a minor glitch. :p

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
@Rafagon, after crying wolf like that with the bold, underlined "major," you're going to have to resort to bright, flashing colors, with an embedded alert audio tone to get our attention next time. But even then, I'd probably still assume it was just another a minor glitch. :p
I actually tried it like four or five times before sharing it here. LTE changes to 4G when you send one of those "Star codes"; it just takes anywhere from 20 to 60 seconds to return to LTE. You can try and see for yourself. Again, this happens on an iPhone that's on the AT&T network. I don't know about the others. And it happens whether you have LTE enabled for "Voice & Data" or "Data Only".

It's definitely a quirky behavior with no obvious explanation.

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Don’t worry. I already know what I’ll do next time to get you guys’ attention:

IMG_2713.PNG

Now I just need for chris to implement the balloon effect here on forums.everythingicafe.com. :ROFLMAO:

Then all that the user has to type would be something like this:

[balloons]Hey, everyone![/balloons]

Animated balloons would then fill the browser window of anyone reading the post in question, just like the iMessage full-screen effect. I think this would make a wonderful addition to eiC. It would really make it stand out from all those other forums that only offer bold, italicized, and underlined text in various lackluster fonts and colors. :)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida

View attachment 44708

Now I just need for chris to implement the balloon effect here on forums.everythingicafe.com. :ROFLMAO:

Animated balloons would then fill the browser window of anyone reading the post in question, just like the iMessage full-screen effect. I think this would make a wonderful addition to eiC. It would really make it stand out from all those other forums that only offer bold, italicized, and underlined text in various lackluster fonts and colors. :)
Why not just send a group iMessage to everyone? LOL

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Why not just send a group iMessage to everyone? LOL
A fellow member informed me in the past that they actually do that on a competing forum (between the mods, “ambassadors", and higher-ups). A bit much, if you ask me, but hey, whatever floats their boat.
boat.png

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Just to prove I’m not [too] crazy and imagining things, here is someone who replied to me on a different site where I posted the issue (I have blurred out the forum name, but I will gladly PM a link to that post to anyone who wants to see it over there).

bug_after_all.png

Again, I do agree that I may have made too big a deal out of the whole thing, but this thread is for posting bugs, be they gargantuan or simply minor glitches.

Does anyone here know the inner workings of LTE, 4G, and cell towers, and would like to share an explanation of why this might be happening?

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

View attachment 44708

And then you'd wonder why you can't log on for a while. :D:D:D

j/k

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
A long-standing glitch after updating iOS versions via iTunes remains unfixed and seemingly forsaken by Apple.

I just updated to iOS 10.0.2 via iTunes.

Immediately after the update was complete, iTunes asked me whether I wanted to update to iOS 10.0.2. Again. Why would I update twice? To any iOS version?
Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 3.02.30 PM.png

It’s fascinating (in a bad way) that neither the various recently released iTunes application updates, nor the macOS Sierra update, nor any of the iOS 10.0.x updates have managed to fix this bug.

By the way, even though I posted this in the iOS 10 Bugs thread, the root cause of the bug remains unknown to me. Is it iOS? Is it OS X/macOS? Is it the iTunes application on OS X/macOS? Who knows‽‽‽

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Anyone having the "NO SIM CARD" issue? Since the update I've had it and it's getting worse every day

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Anyone having the "NO SIM CARD" issue? Since the update I've had it and it's getting worse every day
No, I haven't had that happen. Have you tried reseating your SIM card? If that doesn't work, get a new SIM. If it still does it, restore.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
No, I haven't had that happen. Have you tried reseating your SIM card? If that doesn't work, get a new SIM. If it still does it, restore.
I'll try right now. But I thought this happened a couple of years ago with some people and it was a software thing.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
One quirk I find irritating about iOS10 is in iMessages. Under iOS 9.x.x I used to be able to begin typing an iMessage, insert a picture below that and then add more text after it and the message would arrive in the same order. Now, iOS 10 puts the photo above all the text no matter what order I put it in to start with and does it even before I send the message. Whassupwidat???