iOS 10 Jailbreak ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't know what you consider a legitimate source/report but I love listening to this well known YouTuber regarding jailbreaks and tons of other information.

Skip to 5:19 for where he talks about the ETA.

Yeah, that's worthless. He's not a credible source and he's not basing what he's claiming on information provided from Pangu. Basically, he's just guessing and hoping.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's iCrackUriDevice. I haven't heard of people not taking him seriously. In my opinion, he talks genuinely, giving us the most up-to-date information that he knows of. He knows that obviously a jailbreak won't be quick, but he tries to ease our mind with it.
We don't want our minds eased with inaccurate information, false hope and one YouTuber's guess. It's okay to say you're guessing an ETA, but please don't present it as a fact. It misleads people in this thread. Try to make sure the information is accurate prior to posting ETAs here. Thanks.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Any updates on the jailbreak? I started using my iPhone 6 again yesterday after quite some time without it and, to be quite honest, I cannot bare it without a jailbreak.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I keep reading that iOS 10 is the most secure version that is almost impossible to penetrate, but then again I'm pretty sure I read the same thing about iOS 9 when it first came out.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I keep reading that iOS 10 is the most secure version that is almost impossible to penetrate, but then again I'm pretty sure I read the same thing about iOS 9 when it first came out.
It is getting more difficult to find the necessary exploits with each new version of iOS. Companies are paying handsome amounts for these exploits and developing a jailbreak isn't really a very profitable venture for the most part. I expect it to get harder and harder to jailbreak the iPhone as time goes on. Even some Android phones are getting harder to root, with a few of them coming with locked bootloaders, etc.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
You're right, but I believe iOS 10 is jailbreak-able since, as you mentioned, there was a beta jailbreak out there. I'm telling you I would gladly pay for a jailbreak if I have to, but I believe that would make Apple's case against jailbreaking stronger, right? When it comes to Android and rooting, I have never had a problem doing it on any device I ever owned, with the most recent being the S7 Edge. Samsung is smart, though, with its KNOX sensor which trips whenever you root the device and then your warranty is truly gone, even if you revert everything back to stock. There was an exploit to reset the KNOX counter back in the S3 and S4 days but not any more.

Reactions: rugved1118

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
You're right, but I believe iOS 10 is jailbreak-able since, as you mentioned, there was a beta jailbreak out there. I'm telling you I would gladly pay for a jailbreak if I have to, but I believe that would make Apple's case against jailbreaking stronger, right? When it comes to Android and rooting, I have never had a problem doing it on any device I ever owned, with the most recent being the S7 Edge. Samsung is smart, though, with its KNOX sensor which trips whenever you root the device and then your warranty is truly gone, even if you revert everything back to stock. There was an exploit to reset the KNOX counter back in the S3 and S4 days but not any more.
I count losing a warranty permanently a detriment to rooting. iOS 10 is jailbreakable, of course, but the days of untethered jailbreaks are probably gone. Making a new developer account every week in order to install mach_portal is more than most people want to do.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I always rooted all my Android devices but I was really hesitant to do it on the S7, however I couldn't resist and just did it anyway. I am kind of passionate about trying new custom ROMs, tweaks, kernels, etc. which is why I prefer Android over iOS any day, but it doesn't hurt to have both. :D

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I always rooted all my Android devices but I was really hesitant to do it on the S7, however I couldn't resist and just did it anyway. I am kind of passionate about trying new custom ROMs, tweaks, kernels, etc. which is why I prefer Android over iOS any day, but it doesn't hurt to have both. :D
I have an old OnePlus One that I rooted when I got it. I've screwed it up to the point where it had no operating system installed and wouldn't even turn on. Still got it up and running, though. :D

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@Napoleon PhoneApart I've reached that moment so many times and for some reason I always panic but then fix it anyways. :D The worst one of them was the "soft brick" I got when I was changing the HTC's bootloader from S-ON to S-OFF, it actually took me a day and a half to fix it. On a side note, my friend just bought a OnePlus Three and he's really happy with it.