iOS 7 drains my battery FAST!

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I shut all apps and phone was off all night. Was at 100% when I went to bed and at 83% when I got up this morning. Notifications are off all night as well. Any suggestions?

Sent using iCafe app

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Looks a reset to new is in order.. This battery drainage is crazy.. All excess stuff is shut down..

Sent using iCafe app
I agree. I think a few resets will help the new iOS get in line w/the battery consumption.

- Also I heard your supposed to let the phone completely die out, then plug it in to charge from time to time. I think it might help too. (I haven't been doing this actually lol)

I'm gonna try this as well. I cannot have a battery that barely gets me through at least the end of the day. Unacceptable.

Sent using iCafe app

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
Mine was off all night and it dropped 14%. I had already turned off notifications and updates. Will try a hard reset and then hope.

I like the new interface and aside from having to relearn a few simple things and battery drain, I like it. I had been on the fence about a new phone but I think I will keep my 4S for a while longer.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Ok my iPhone 5 is a little better today. I let it get to 3% last night and charged overnight. Off the charge at 6:30a as normal. Now at 62%. Not was it was prior to the update, but better.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
You should have more left on that Target

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
How's everyones battery on the iPhone 5 using ios7?

Mine is terrible.

Sent using iPhone 5 Black 32GB

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
The first couple of days I ran the battery lower than I usually do by the end of the day but, I was also playing with it a lot. Since then, I haven't seen any change in battery life, good or bad.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Just finally figured out why my location service kept coming on and I hope this is why my battery is draining faster on iOS7. under settings, privacy, location services and system services, turn frequent locations off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Tapatalk Free[/URL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RoofMonkey

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
How do I turn off auto updates for apps?

Sent using iCafe app
@Txcybermom

If you go to Settings and then scroll down to iTunes & App Store under Automaic Downloads select the button next to Updates to cut it off. Your button might be green as it is on. Mine is on. I don't mind the automatic updates. They're helpful for me.

I wanted to add pictures but the iCafe App keeps cutting off on me. [~Edit~ got the pics up, not through the iCafe App. Still cuts off on me. Have already deleted and reinstalled. It worked for a bit but now it's back to cutting off.]

Settings - iTunes & App Store
image 1.png

Automatic Downloads select the button next to Updates to cut it off.
image 2.png

Last edited:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just finished writing a guide that some of you may find helpful. It's the ultimate guide to fixing battery life on iOS 7. It features all sorts of tips, some of which have been mentioned in this thread, for improving upon your battery life.

If you find it helpful, please consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter and/or Google+.

Last edited: