iOS 7 drains my battery FAST!

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Wow, what day I am having.

Somebody may have hacked my website so trying to figure out what to do.

I brought my iPhone5 back to the Apple store today to get clarification about what the guy told me yesterday. This time the "Genius" said my battery was not in good shape. They would replace (I have AppleCare). Told me 1/2 hour. So I go back and they give me my phone and it won't turn on. I pugged it in to a computer and it went into a restore loop. They couldn't figure it out so gave me a new phone. :eek:

So I got a new phone and a new battery for my trouble! D'oh. Cost me about 3 hours total of screwing around waiting for things to download at the Apple Store and then again when I got home to restore my junk. I'm good to go! :)

*sigh*

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
You plugged it in during the usage period. If you charge it at all during the usage period it will erase the time and display dashes. If you want to check your usage you'll need to charge it to 100% and be careful not to plug it in.
I never knew that. Thanks for the update.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I think as it has been pointed out that no two people are going to have the same results when it comes to battery life. I use my phone for voice, text, Safari, and occasionally games. I have great battery life on my 4S. After I updated to 7.0.4 I noticed a slight increase in battery life so I would suggest that if you are having low battery life then maybe an update will help.

Sent using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Actually, that's perfectly fine for heavily LTE Safari use and almost a full day of standby. He doesn't need to get it checked out.
Yeah I used 7 gigs last month and I got throttled the last 3 days of my billing cycle. I'd love to get 5-6 but I know it won't happen regardless if I get it checked out or not, that's why I haven't.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
As of the most recent ios update (7.0.4), battery lasts only 5.5 hours.. Not happy anymore.. Was better on 7.0.3, but has since done bad again..

Sent using iCafe app

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
As of the most recent ios update (7.0.4), battery lasts only 5.5 hours.. Not happy anymore.. Was better on 7.0.3, but has since done bad again..

Sent using iCafe app
Try running down till it powers off. Helped others I suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/URL

Last edited by a moderator:

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
Try running down till it powers off. Helped others I suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using
I'm glad it's helped others.. Hasn't helped me at all.. Oh well.

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator: