iOS 7 has been released!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
The app works fine on wifi once I turn that off it keeps crashing.

Sent using iCafe app

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
When I first loaded ios7 last night, I was posting from the app. This morning it would crash about 10-15 seconds of being in the app.
When I got home, I deleted and reinstalled the app and it's been find since, but now that Benny mentioned the wifi issue, I'm going to test right now.

Sent using iCafe app

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Benny is on the money. It crashes on LTE, but not on wifi.

Sent using iCafe app

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
Not a fan of iOS7 on my 4S at all. Like the old look way better. Don't like the texting as much. I just ordered the 5S so I really have no choice at this point. I will get used to it I'm sure.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Not a fan of iOS7 on my 4S at all. Like the old look way better. Don't like the texting as much. I just ordered the 5S so I really have no choice at this point. I will get used to it I'm sure.
I agree with you and am in the same boat. It runs plenty smooth enough on my 4S but just not into the colors and all the white, especially the keyboard. I also ordered the 5S so I figured I might as well start learning to use and like it.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I agree with you and am in the same boat. It runs plenty smooth enough on my 4S but just not into the colors and all the white, especially the keyboard. I also ordered the 5S so I figured I might as well start learning to use and like it.
I'm sure I will get used to it. I just wish the keyboard was the same.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I was just told that there is already an iOS 7 update already coming

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
After using iOS7 on my iPhone 5 and iPad3 for a couple days now I am satisfied with the system and the improvements that came with it. Do I like all the changes? Of course not but some change will always be unwelcome and we need to stop worrying about it and remember that we will get used to it in time. The only problem I have had was with using the iCafe app on my phone for a short while yesterday morning. For an hour or so the app would not stay on the screen for more than 10-20 seconds before dropping into the background. That problem disappeared after about an hour for unexplained reasons and hasn't reappeared. Most of the other problems I have heard about all fall into two categories: Battery issues for the most part can be explained by a few changes in setting that can be reset to conserve battery life and the fact that we are playing with the new system more than we usually would, so the battery suffers. Also, as with anything new, there is a learning curve about how the new system works. Problems reported about deleting e-mails or messages for instance, many users seem to be complaining about an issue before learning about its cause and cure. A month from now I'm sure that 99% of the complaints will have disappeared as we all learn to deal with iOS7.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
When I first loaded ios7 last night, I was posting from the app. This morning it would crash about 10-15 seconds of being in the app.
When I got home, I deleted and reinstalled the app and it's been find since, but now that Benny mentioned the wifi issue, I'm going to test right now.

Sent using iCafe app
Hawk, Like you, I had a similar problem yesterday morning (on LTE) and when I got home (WiFi) no problem. I just turned WiFi off here at home and on LTE still have no problem. I guess it's been fixed?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I updated without a hitch by following the guide from @chris on the Home page. I first backed up via iCloud and than via iTunes. I than downloaded the software only. Than later in the evening I updated my iPhone. It couldn't have been easier. Thanks @chris for the great guide.

I still trying to learn the features. I'll have to check out the iOS 7 overview also again by @chris on the Home page.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Hawk, Like you, I had a similar problem yesterday morning (on LTE) and when I got home (WiFi) no problem. I just turned WiFi off here at home and on LTE still have no problem. I guess it's been fixed?
Not for me. The app crashes using cellular data

Sent using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
So cool, whatever station you add on iTunes Radio shows up on your playlist when it's connected to your car stereo.
The app still crashes on 4G

Sent using iCafe app