iOS 7 Jailbreak Released - Official

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
The new Jailbreak is a back burner item for me, especially given the holidays and traveling. As for many others, in app texting has been one of my JB mainstays but I really don't miss it these days. Considering some of the residual headaches of being and staying Jailbroken, I'm not chomping at the bit here like I was when the first iOS 6 JB was released. At the same time I am excited to see how this develops and how Saurik, Cydia, and all the developers respond to get their key apps and tweaks updated. I'm also curious about the backstory of why this was released without Saurik being in the loop as with the release of previous tools. So I'm sitting tight until next year but thank in advance those who boldly go and test these new waters!

Reactions: MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
As Kadelic said, thank you to everyone who has installed and tested the Jailbreak. I may update to iOS 7, but jailbreaking this early I am unsure about yet.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It's nice to see the jailbreak but I'm surprised they didn't hold off with the 7.1 update looming in the very near future. Isn't 7.1 is supposed to be addressing many stability issues within OS7? I'm sure Will Apple will patch the jailbreak and it won't be compatible with 7.1.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
It's nice to see the jailbreak but I'm surprised they didn't hold off with the 7.1 update looming in the very near future. Isn't 7.1 is supposed to be addressing many stability issues within OS7? I'm sure Will Apple will patch the jailbreak and it won't be compatible with 7.1.
I believe I read that they were going to not release it until iOS 7.1 was released as well as other devices to make sure all is well. This raises some questions for sure.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I think everyone has done pretty much the same thing i.e jailbreak but installed nothing. Anyone else notice that your notifications reset?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I think I read that one of the exploits was patched in the 7.1 beta.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Letter from the Evaders group. Since such much speculation is going on about this.

http://evasi0n.com/l.html
Very nice letter to the whole community. It was definitely understandable. Things happen, sometimes not intentional. Hopefully the jailbreak and all will be stable and working in a few days, and also the developers will make their apps/tweaks compatible.

With that said, I contacted PKGBackup. I don't think they are yet aware of the jailbreak. They said "it should be compatible." but it is not for iOS 7.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I love the jailbreak team, but their rush to get this out because of perceived competition from Saurik hurts users once again, at least in the short run.
Of course. However, all we can do now is just hope that everything is fixed in a few days, or even quicker. I was told by a developer that Saurik was working on fixing it, but that didn't mean at that time, I suppose. O_o

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
"...A few days later, we received information that SaurikIT was working with another group to release a jailbreak ahead of us. We decided to release, knowing that Cydia, MobileSubstrate, and jailbreak tweaks would be updated after a few days, just as it always has in the course of jailbreaking." -evad3rs

So launch a jailbreak that hasn't been tested and isn't ready purely out of fear that it won't be "first"? Lame.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
"...A few days later, we received information that SaurikIT was working with another group to release a jailbreak ahead of us. We decided to release, knowing that Cydia, MobileSubstrate, and jailbreak tweaks would be updated after a few days, just as it always has in the course of jailbreaking." -evad3rs

So launch a jailbreak that hasn't been tested and isn't ready purely out of fear that it won't be "first"? Lame.
I'll catch the next bus.

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Updating phone to 7.0.4 now, then off to Jailbreak again. Hoping that BiteSMS will be updated soon as @iNurse found it wasn't working well with iOS 7 yet? :-(
Bite is one of the main reasons I jailbreak.
Same here, I still don't understand why the BiteSMS features aren't a standard factory setting. Can't stand having to leave an app to respond to a text message.

Reactions: RoofMonkey