iOS 8.0.2 is out and won't kill your cell service

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
Anyone having problems with apps crashing? It's more than just one. I did a hard reset or whatever that's called when you hold home and power button.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I have had a couple apps crashing. But that was happening before I upgraded to 8.0.2. I had assumed it was just the app. My auto rotate is not always too smooth with Videos, but I can't remember if it did that before the upgrade or not.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Safari still seems to have problems sliding into landscape mode when opening it. I have to turn the phone to portrait mode and then go back to landscape.

Also, Safari still doesn't handle some buttons. I tried to purchase inflight wifi the other day and couldn't activate the big red purchase button. I had to use Chrome to do it. Safari is really beginning to piss me off.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I'm sorry if this was asked before but is the latest update good to go without bugs (at&t). Trying to find out before I install it on my wife's 6. Thanks guys!

Sent from my Nexus 5

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm sorry if this was asked before but is the latest update good to go without bugs (at&t). Trying to find out before I install it on my wife's 6. Thanks guys!

Sent from my Nexus 5
Yes, it's safe to upgrade to iOS 8.0.2. As always, it's best to backup to iTunes or iCloud.

Reactions: silvermoon

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I wish I hadn't updated... I am having issues with "Settings" crashing when Wifi is enabled. I can use Wifi, but I have to point to the connection I want, and once its connected, I cannot access settings until I pull up the bottom menu and turn Wifi off.
There are 4 access points at work that I connect with, or used to. Now I am lucky if it connects to anything.
And before you ask, I was working fine on 8.0, and wasn't prompted for 8.0.1.
I am currently sitting here after doing a restore, trying to access my office VPN. Its not going to happen. Looks likeI may have to try wiping it and doing a clean install, but I am going to lose quite a bit in the process.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm in the middle of restoring my ip6 on my ipad. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wish I hadn't updated... I am having issues with "Settings" crashing when Wifi is enabled. I can use Wifi, but I have to point to the connection I want, and once its connected, I cannot access settings until I pull up the bottom menu and turn Wifi off.
There are 4 access points at work that I connect with, or used to. Now I am lucky if it connects to anything.
And before you ask, I was working fine on 8.0, and wasn't prompted for 8.0.1.
I am currently sitting here after doing a restore, trying to access my office VPN. Its not going to happen. Looks likeI may have to try wiping it and doing a clean install, but I am going to lose quite a bit in the process.
I think that will fix it. Good luck. You don't have an iTunes or iCloud backup?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The first time I restored, I used the backup I made right before restoring. Problem persisted.
This time I used the backup of my iPhone. Problem seems to have gone away, but after googling the issues, other people have gone down this path and had the problem return.
I will say, so far, so good.

Reactions: Europa