iOS 8.3 Jailbreak Released

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm excited to see this thread. Even though I'm comfortably numb with my almost perfectly stable 8.1 jailbreak it's refreshing when there's new tools and activity on the scene. I'll have to look up the new features that 8.3 has and decide if it's worth updating and jailbreaking again, but it's so nice to know I can, once a stable Mac version is released. Hats off to the Chinese crew and the rest of the jb community for working so hard to bring us these subtle pleasures.
I want 8.3 to see if any of the many Safari bugs on the 6 Plus have been fixed.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I'm reading that Taig is continuing to work on the kernel patch and will push it to Cydia as soon as they can. Earlier today people were staying within possibly 3-10 hours. I'm almost tempted to jailbreak tonight, but I could go for my sleep. :) I just watched a new youtube video of a few basic things in Cydia working, such as f.lux and bytafont.

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm reading that Taig is continuing to work on the kernel patch and will push it to Cydia as soon as they can. Earlier today people were staying within possibly 3-10 hours. I'm almost tempted to jailbreak tonight, but I could go for my sleep. :) I just watched a new youtube video of a few basic things in Cydia working, such as f.lux and bytafont.
The patch is available if you know where to look.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
I am going to leave off jail breaking this one I think. It's too much hassle trying to downgrade my iTunes. I'm not confident enough to do it as I have the latest iTunes on my laptop and I don't want to mess anything up. I guess I'm happy with my iPhone 6 and the way it is right now.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I'm excited to see the updates from Taig.

"Saurik did not sleep well yesterday, today guys, not slept. He had stayed up all night with us, and he is now six o'clock there more. And Taiji colleagues have already stayed for three days, to all users.The new version has basically done! Stay tuned"

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I'm excited to see the updates from Taig.

"Saurik did not sleep well yesterday, today guys, not slept. He had stayed up all night with us, and he is now six o'clock there more. And Taiji colleagues have already stayed for three days, to all users.The new version has basically done! Stay tuned"
Eagerly awaiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MoneyMaker79

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I am eagerly awaiting the update as well. I performed the jailbreak last night as soon as I saw the announcement of a 8.3 jailbreak, only to realize most, if not all, of the tweaks, aren't showing up in the Settings app.

EDIT: I found the article Naps was referring to and I can confirm that it works absolutely fine. I'm pretty sure I am not allowed to post the link here but if you stumble upon it, I can assure you it works!!

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I am eagerly awaiting the update as well. I performed the jailbreak last night as soon as I saw the announcement of a 8.3 jailbreak, only to realize most, if not all, of the tweaks, aren't showing up in the Settings app.

EDIT: I found the article Naps was referring to and I can confirm that it works absolutely fine. I'm pretty sure I am not allowed to post the link here but if you stumble upon it, I can assure you it works!!
Some folks are now reporting problems with the "leaked" patches, so I'm going to wait patiently for the official release. TaiG says the leaked files are developer builds and still buggy.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
Any suggestions for me when I re-jailbreak so I don't have to re-theme? I can't seem to send files from iFile to my email even when selecting folders of apps or a zip file of them.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Any suggestions for me when I re-jailbreak so I don't have to re-theme? I can't seem to send files from iFile to my email even when selecting folders of apps or a zip file of them.
Make sure you are only zipping and emailing one theme folder at a time. iFile has always worked great for me with zipping and emailing folders, but you could try an alternate app if iFile isn't working for you. Filza is a good one. You can also use SSH and Cyberduck on your Mac or the web server on iFile.