iOS 8 bugs

lancer_325

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
I think it's time to look at other options. Apple has been a good phone for me but lately it's been slipping latly. A new phone that bends out of shape in a pocket and an ios release that appears to have serious flaws and a battery which only lasts 4-5 hours. Hate to say it but Apple is losing its draw for me very quickly.

Last edited:

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I think it's time to look at other options. Apple has been a good phone for me but lately it's been slipping latly. A new phone that bends out of shape in a pocket and an ios release that appears to have serious flaws and a battery which only lasts 4-5 hours. Hate to say it but Apple is losing its draw for me very quickly.
Quick everybody sell your Apple stock before it's too late. #doomed

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It's been a bad day for Apple today. It appears the company cannot make the red badge on the Settings app that's poking you in the ribs, egging you on to update your version of iOS go away as easily as they made the update itself disappear.

Thanks to Mr. Gurman from 9to5Mac for catching this!

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 7.01.13 PM.png

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Does Facebook go completely black for anyone where you have to get out of it and back in??

Bunk009

Bronze
Sep 16, 2014
I've been trying to send one of the quick pics that are kind of like snap chat. Anyone else having the issue when the flash is on? Or when the photo requires a flash? It just never sends the picture.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Yesterday while looking at one of my contact's card, I noticed the FaceTime option showed twice.

I exited his card, went back into his card, and it was back to normal, with only one "FaceTime" showing. Here's a screen capture showing the bug.

facetimetwice.jpg (thumbnail; click to enlarge)

Zzz

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2014
Still experiencing WiFi bugs with 8.0.2. Connection will drop and then it won't see any WiFi networks that are available. Toggle WiFi on and off, nothing. Reset network settings, nothing. Reset, restore to fresh 8.0.2 and set up as new, same issue. To solve it, I have to reboot the iPhone. Uuuurrrggghh!!! Frustrating!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using iCafe App.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
My wifi keeps dropping out randomly and there's a problem when making calls with the screen not staying in portrait mode it goes into landscape mode when I put phone up to my ear or the network and wifi bars go into landscape and the apps stay in portrait mode looks strange.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
This guy (who curiously pronounces "8.0" as "eight dot zero" instead of "eight point oh" when talking about the iOS version number) demonstrates that sometimes ("about 30% of the time," he claims) it is possible to bypass passcode/TouchID with this sequence of events. Also, when he's speaking to Siri, his phraseology when asking her about the weather is peculiar ("How's the weather like going to be today?").

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
This guy (who curiously pronounces "8.0" as "eight dot zero" instead of "eight point oh" when talking about the iOS version number) demonstrates that sometimes ("about 30% of the time," he claims) it is possible to bypass passcode/TouchID with this sequence of events. Also, when he's speaking to Siri, his phraseology when asking her about the weather is peculiar ("How's the weather like going to be today?").

Looks like a legit bug

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Yesterday while looking at one of my contact's card, I noticed the FaceTime option showed twice.

I exited his card, went back into his card, and it was back to normal, with only one "FaceTime" showing. Here's a screen capture showing the bug.

View attachment 38829 (thumbnail; click to enlarge)
I noticed the same in the FaceTime app. When I tapped the x for a contact, it showed it twice from contacts. Just like you showed in the card profile. I'm guessing one the number and one an email address. But it doesn't specify which is which. But that shouldn't show that way on the card.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412295931.461907.jpg

And where is the FaceTime favorites in the FaceTime app?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Reactions: Rafagon

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
On my plus when on Facebook if I click one of those post like "newslinq 40 worst Walmart pictures you'll see "

When it goes to the page my keyboard comes up and won't go away. Covers most of the screen your trying to read or look at

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If Google is set as my default search engine, I find it funny (and awkward) that Spotlight Search only has the ability to return Bing searches. Call it what you will, but I'm calling it a bug. Because it's an inconsistency. Default seach engine set to Google means just that. Everywhere, not just in Safari.

I hate Bing. I always have. And I always will.

I'd rather use that DuckDuckGo thingamabob than Bing.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
I'll get a text with the new "pop-up" respond window but cannot access my keypad to type anything! Lol.. Certain games freeze in portrait orientation! Texts that I've read still show as unread on more than 2 times opening and closing them.. Btw I have an iPhone 5s.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If Google is set as my default search engine, I find it funny (and awkward) that Spotlight Search only has the ability to return Bing searches. Call it what you will, but I'm calling it a bug. Because it's an inconsistency. Default seach engine set to Google means just that. Everywhere, not just in Safari.

I hate Bing. I always have. And I always will.

I'd rather use that DuckDuckGo thingamabob than Bing.
Mine only gives me Google results.

Make sure Bing Web Results is unchecked here at the bottom. Mine was unchecked by default.

IMG_0250.PNG

Reactions: Rafagon

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Mine only gives me Google results.

Make sure Bing Web Results is unchecked here at the bottom. Mine was unchecked by default.
Good idea, I had assumed if you wanted search engine results through Spotlight Search, it was Bing or nothing at all.