iPad 2 cases

nbviper

Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
MA
Just received a response from Marware. They are expecting shipments by the 1st week of April.

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
No prob, lots more cases than I thought via that link, was interesting checking them all out. Really liked how they embedded the links to the cases so I didn't have to track them down.

I opted to get the Marware Microshell as I have a smart cover already. If I didn't I would prob have gone with the Speck PixelSKin HD case, looks kinda cool: http://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/ipad-2-cases/pixelskin-hd-wrap-ipad-case-black.html

FYI Boxwave has dry crystal clear & anti-glare screen protectors that will start shipping on 3/28 (next Monday). I found that they were not quite as good as Power Support (who IMO are the best), but they're good quality nonetheless. I've always been a fan of the dry protectors, always had better success with installation: http://www.boxwave.com/accessories/apple-ipad-2-screen-protectors_4284.htm One thing that's annoying about buying a single BW protector is that you get free shipping at $25 and of course if you want only one it's $24.95 and you get whacked with the shipping, those sneaky Petes!

Power Support still has no date listed for when they will have theirs available, the HD anti-glare sound pretty cool: http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-2.html

Another good resource for iPad cases in general is: www.ipadbags.com I have found some cool reviews and previews on there, iPad 2 things are starting to trickle in.

Appleboy

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
If I'm going to buy a smart cover I'm getting the black leather.. To match the black but so damn expensive almost $100... That $100 can go towards the GB

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
If I'm going to buy a smart cover I'm getting the black leather.. To match the black but so damn expensive almost $100... That $100 can go towards the GB
Yeah the $69 for the black leather is pretty damn steep, the only reason I got one is that I did a Bill me Later thing where it hurts less over a 6 month period of paying it. But coupling that with the Marware back shell and it absolutely is absurd to have to pay $100+ for the two together. I should've gotten the grey poly cover but oh well, if you close your eyes when you order it doesn't feel as bad :)

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I guess I consider that more of a 'pouch' than a 'case'
Your right on that. I thought it was more along the lines of a true portfolio case that opened up book style. Pouch is certainly a better choice of wording on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Your right on that. I thought it was more along the lines of a true portfolio case that opened up book style. Pouch is certainly a better choice of wording on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
What's wrong, y'all don't wanna walk around carrying your iPad in a man purse? lol