iPad 2 cases

purple magneto

Aug 10, 2011
I would be interested in a neoprene case that covers only the back of ipad for home use.
Anyway, if you concern about good protection and high quality leather, i recommend you smart libretto (bella cases)...It provides different standing options for ipad and has some little pockets to put paper, etc ..

alamarco

Bronze
Nov 28, 2008
Canada
myfigurecollection.net
I've been using the FitFolio Cover for the iPad 2 for the past month, and while it's a great case it left two blocks on my Invisible Shield. These blocks look like a greasy colour and not pretty to see. If this had gotten onto the actual iPad I'd be furious right now. If anyone is interested, I can take pictures of where it came from and what it looks like.

Obviously I won't be using that case again so it looks like I'm 0/2 for iPad cases. The Smart Cover didn't last long as it gets quite dirty and dirties the screen easily. Not to mention the issue that one user here experienced with black marks on the side of the iPad. The FitFolio, as mentioned above, doesn't quite cut it.

I'll be trying the CANVAS next. I had initially chose the FitFolio over the CANVAS so hopefully the CANVAS works out because so far I'm out $100 in iPad cases which fail miserably. With the CANVAS being $50 I'm hoping it's the last time I have to buy a case because I'm about to call it quits on ever finding a good iPad case.

Snapdragon

Jun 18, 2011
UPDATE: Just wanted to say that although I liked the Belkin Back-snap case I've had it about 4 months when it starts to break down in the corners, small micro fractures then if you decide to remove the case for any reason, Iike for cleaning because things like dust, dirt or small fibers accumulate there - the case will crack further and fall apart on the corners much like a form of dry rot.

Now seeking an alternate back case now, still in the deciding phase. But just wanted to inform you. I think a previous member also mentioned this fact, tough I had already purchased it to be able to heed his warning.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I agree with snapdragon, I bought the Belkin case, it lasted a day before breaking because I took it off one too many times. I luckily returned it to best buy and got a refund.

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
Marware CEO Hybrid is what I just got recently and just LOVE this one! Very nice for the low cost (Paid $26 shipped at Amazon)! GREAT Case!

I also bought a cool little Targus Citygear Mini... it's like a mini attache type soft bag... the ipad 2 with the Marware case on it, fit inside just perfect plus then I have room for the charger if I wanted, or a small book or two and stylus's etc. Very cool setup!

Zipur

Bronze
Aug 26, 2011
Texas
Marware CEO Hybrid is what I just got recently and just LOVE this one! Very nice for the low cost (Paid $26 shipped at Amazon)! GREAT Case!

I also bought a cool little Targus Citygear Mini... it's like a mini attache type soft bag... the ipad 2 with the Marware case on it, fit inside just perfect plus then I have room for the charger if I wanted, or a small book or two and stylus's etc. Very cool setup!

I also have had the Marware C.E.O. Since July. Well two months ago I dropped the iPad and the C.E.O. case corner took the hit very well but it would no long hold my iPad. I called them and they sent me a brand new case! What is interesting is that they have modified the case an added a strap to hold the case open while you use the hand strap which I frequently do. Does your case have the strap?

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
Yes! I just got my (two) cases and they both have the strap... I didn't notice it at first and on my wife's ipad, when I showed her how you can put your hand through the elstic to hold it up (she loves that for her preschool classes!) the case would flop open.. now she really loves it, since she can keep it closed!

For the money and the reported GREAT CS, you just can't beat that case!

Zipur

Bronze
Aug 26, 2011
Texas
I got this case as soon as it was release, the first iteration did not have the step so the case flopped open all the time. I email Marware pointing out that the iPad 1 had the strap and we need it on the iPad 2. They sent me a new updated case. I dropped my iPad and the corner of the case broke. I emailed Marware and they sent me a new case.
This is why I don't hesitate to tell people about this product. Plus I love the hand hold strap is such a useful simple addition.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
I took a different approach. I was originally looking at a Zagg invisible shield for the back but decided that I wanted a little drop protection since I'll be traveling with my iPad monthly for work. I picked up one of these gel cases:

http://www.amazon.com/Flexi-CLEAR-Design-Sleeve-Glove/dp/B004VAKEY2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331563859&sr=1-1

and modified it with a razor blade (admittedly, I could have done a much better job cutting it but between being nervous about the cutting and rushing a little, it is what it is) but for just a few bucks and my time with a razor and metal ruler I have a protected back, a gel case for a little drop protection and a back that works with my smart cover. Note that while I linked the Flexi-Gel case, pretty much any gel case will work in the same way.