iPad 3 this year or next?

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
What does anyone think? I know it's always rumors, but does anyone think Apple would release an iPad 3 this year?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
No. It's the year of the iPad 2, plus Apple wouldn't want us to spend more. They got a soul, unlike other countries. Plus it wouldn't be good for iPad 2 sales.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
No. It's the year of the iPad 2, plus Apple wouldn't want us to spend more. They got a soul, unlike other countries. Plus it wouldn't be good for iPad 2 sales.
Don't be naive. If Apple could introduce an iPad 3 before the end of this year and make money from it, they certainly would. Forget all that "soul" nonsense.

And Apple is a country now?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Mac, I don't know where you're getting your information from but it's more than likely that Apple may introduce an iPad 3 with the super duper 3D screen etc. All the rumours are pointing towards it.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Mac, I don't know where you're getting your information from but it's more than likely that Apple may introduce an iPad 3 with the super duper 3D screen etc. All the rumours are pointing towards it.
Wasn't the OP asking if it will come out this year? Not features. And I'm getting my information from the March 2nd iPad 2 event.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I didn't add "...screen etc this year" - There are a lot of rumours pointing towards it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I didn't say any thing about new features, just answering the OP's question with backup.
Explain the rumours then? There is more than enough evidence to suggest an iPad 3. Saying, "It's the year of the iPad 2" is a bit of bold statement. Whatever features the iPad 3 has is irrelevant, in my opinion. I merely stated that the up and coming iPad 3 is supposed to have a 3D screen.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Explain the rumours then? There is more than enough evidence to suggest an iPad 3. Saying, "It's the year of the iPad 2" is a bit of bold statement. Whatever features the iPad 3 has is irrelevant, in my opinion. I merely stated that the up and coming iPad 3 is supposed to have a 3D screen.
The CEO said it himself, this is the year of the iPad 2. I didn't say your rumor wasn't true, either. I was just confused by you saying something about spec rumors, rather then about when it will come out.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The CEO said it himself, this is the year of the iPad 2. I didn't say your rumor wasn't true, either. I was just confused by you saying something about spec rumors, rather then about when it will come out.
lol. It wasn't a spec rumour. If you use twitter you will see that certain people are raving over the possibility of a 3D screen - I was milking it. I don't even like 3D (who would want to sit there with sunglasses on whilst watching something?).

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'd say it's about a 60-40 bet right now that we will see one in the last quarter of this year. It's a rumor that keeps coming back and many of those (though certainly not all) end up being true. The two big reasons that often get put forward to support this, and that sound pretty damn plausible to me, are: 1) It would deliver a swift beating to a lot of their competition who are only just bringing out iPad rivals this summer and 2) They would be shifting the annual release cycle for the iPad to a time of year that is perfect for maximizing holiday sales of the iPad.

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
I'd say it's about a 60-40 bet right now that we will see one in the last quarter of this year. It's a rumor that keeps coming back and many of those (though certainly not all) end up being true. The two big reasons that often get put forward to support this, and that sound pretty damn plausible to me, are: 1) It would deliver a swift beating to a lot of their competition who are only just bringing out iPad rivals this summer and 2) They would be shifting the annual release cycle for the iPad to a time of year that is perfect for maximizing holiday sales of the iPad.
Shifting the release cycle seems to be more what I was thinking. I just sold my iPad 2 so I could get more cash for it now. I'll be with out one until the iPad 3 comes out.

Thanks for the input all.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Wow! You gotta love these threads. Everyone is always wanting more more more. The iPad 2 just came out a few months ago. Use your noggin. Do you REALLY think Apple is going to release a second iPad in the same year? Umm no. Wait and see.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Wow! You gotta love these threads. Everyone is always wanting more more more. The iPad 2 just came out a few months ago. Use your noggin. Do you REALLY think Apple is going to release a second iPad in the same year? Umm no. Wait and see.
Confident. I wouldn't be so sure. I'll see you in this thread on the 31st December 2011.

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
how are you so sure they won't release one. Apple is known to do things out of the ordinary. Just a topic to discuss. Sorry if my inquiry bothers you.