iPhone 2.0

venturo

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Gf the Same

i told my GF the same thing, she wasn't buying into it though... haha

ThePain

Nov 1, 2007
Hey everyone, I haven't been checking the forum and news recently..But i keep hearing about iPhone 2.. Is this a new fone all together or just new firmware?

If its a new phone is it just small updates like say when nokia did the n95 and the n95 8gb one?

Thanks a lot

ThePain

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
It is rumored that in the immediate future (as soon as Friday the 6th or Monday the 9th) we will hear the official announcement from Apple. They are supposed to be releasing an entirely new iPhone that supports the faster 3G network and has some other upgrades. There is no official information on it yet and everyone is just holding their breath waiting on the word. I recommend that you search this forum and read the postings as most, if not all, of your questions including those involving iPhone 2 are already discussed indepth.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Its not really an "iPhone 2", more of an iPhone 2nd Generation( with 3G)

"Supposed" to have:
3G
v2.0
GPS
App Store
and "SDK"- I don't know much about that feature?

Were also hearing meaningless rumors of a White iPhone, and various colors

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Just went by the AT&T store and they are really clueless of what is to come. Although the manager said they do know for sure that a 3g iPhone is coming in June, but the question is what day? The Apple Store in Nashville, Clueless. The Genius said that "they have no product that as come into their store" Oh well look forward to June 9th. We will know that day for sure.

radiopromoguy

Dec 18, 2007
Danbury, CT
Just went by the AT&T store and they are really clueless of what is to come. Although the manager said they do know for sure that a 3g iPhone is coming in June, but the question is what day? The Apple Store in Nashville, Clueless. The Genius said that "they have no product that as come into their store" Oh well look forward to June 9th. We will know that day for sure.
It's not that they are clueless... They are not allowed to tell you anything until the announcement is made. The manager at the AT&T Store should not have even told you what he did.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
At&t

An AT&T rep informed me yesterday that not only is there big Apple news this month, but Blackberry is also releasing a 3G touchscreen phone in June. Could get a little interesting.

chefguy90

Jun 7, 2008
The "iPhone 2" won't be something you can just upgrade the firmware it'll have different insides like to run on 3G and stuff like that

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
so let me get this str8...i will be able to get the 2.0 software update with the current iPhone i already RIGHT?!