iPhone 2.0

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Well i hope the sons of bitches at least have a mms app you can purchase since we cant get it in an update and its apparently not on the iPhone 2. swirly mms never worked for us AT&T customers..at least not this one

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I'm really eager to see all the goods that the 2.0 software has to offer. I'll probably end up spending a ton on apps.
I know..I'm eager to see them all too but I'm hoping a lot are gonna be free!
I read that Apple was not gonna allow apps like Customize and Summerboard just to name a few into the apps store which is really gonna be very disappointing to a lot of people me included.

Read this:
http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/2008/06/02/apps-not-possible-on-sdk/

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
I know..I'm eager to see them all too but I'm hoping a lot are gonna be free!
I read that Apple was not gonna allow apps like Customize and Summerboard just to name a few into the apps store which is really gonna be very disappointing to a lot of people me included.
which is why we jailbreak it to use apps that aren't allowed, and add apps that are allowed for the best of both worlds.

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
I love customize and summerboad! Why wouldn't they add them? It makes the iPhone that much better!

I'll wait to update until 2.0 is hacked

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I love customize and summerboad! Why wouldn't they add them? It makes the iPhone that much better!

I'll wait to update until 2.0 is hacked
If they can make sure it doesn't cause the phone to become buggy, then they'll probably do it. The main point for Apple is that they don't want to allow any apps to be downloaded that they haven't already tested.

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
Why don't they just create their own? One that is fully customizable and came straight from Apple...

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
If they can make sure it doesn't cause the phone to become buggy, then they'll probably do it. The main point for Apple is that they don't want to allow any apps to be downloaded that they haven't already tested.
It actually is because it voilates their own rules for developers using the SDK.

Taken from BigBoss' article regarding the subject (found here: http://sleepers.net/news/?p=141)

"...Customize - Everyone likes to customize their images. This is not allowed on the SDK because it modifies system files and would need root access....

SummerBoard - Like themes? There’s no way that this one will be on AppStore. It voilates many rules such as requiring system level access, modifying system files, hijacking into SpringBoard, etc...."

There you go. Hope that clears it up. Looks like my biggest reason for jailbreaking will keep me doing it for a long time, at least until Apple changes their stance.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
It actually is because it voilates their own rules for developers using the SDK.

Taken from BigBoss' article regarding the subject (found here: http://sleepers.net/news/?p=141)

"...Customize - Everyone likes to customize their images. This is not allowed on the SDK because it modifies system files and would need root access....

SummerBoard - Like themes? There’s no way that this one will be on AppStore. It voilates many rules such as requiring system level access, modifying system files, hijacking into SpringBoard, etc...."

There you go. Hope that clears it up. Looks like my biggest reason for jailbreaking will keep me doing it for a long time, at least until Apple changes their stance.
(Claps) Looks like we gotta future Genius around here;)