iPhone 3.0 MMS on AT&T

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
That doesn't work for me either.
Aw man that sucks. And I've tried everything through AT&T they know what we are up to and if it involves anything to do with the iPhone and mms they just say they can't help (and we all know they can).

All you can do is try resets, toggling airplane mode, and make sure your apn, user, and password are correct. Oh and sometimes resetting network settings can help. I tried all these multiple times, so maybe that's why I can send them at all, oh and I left out that I can still get them. But earlier I got a few of those viewmymessage sms's so I'm thinking the combination of things I did messed something up in a good way.

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
I used it today and can confirm for at least me that it still works through the picture button in the messages app.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
This doesn't make any sense cause I just received a picture along with a message but I still can't send them. Hmmmmm

soosb21

Bronze
Nov 2, 2007
just got it to work......yay! so dam cool!
1. get a mms phone like a old razor or something.
2. swap iPhone sim card into it.
3. make a few calls and texts.
4. change text plan to unlimited messaging on att website
5. register with media net.
6. send and receive on mms phone.
7. swap sim card to iPhone.
8. try sending and revieving mms, should be albe to receive at first and send later on.

good luck guys don't give up. att cant stop it. no need to call them tho

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
My picture button is working again in the messages app.

I saw on Mac Forums that someone talked to an AT&T rep and was told that the reason they stopped us from getting mms is because Apple adding mms voilated their contract with AT&T and they don't feel responsible for making the mms work on their system. Well thats my take on it. At least Apple made the announcement to the public because they can't go back on their promise for mms now, lets hope.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=7345853&postcount=258

BlackMonsterBandit

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Dirty Jers
worked great for me...im a pc user...dl'd the ipcc file(see post 34), shift click check for updates, change file from ipsw to ipcc clicked open it updated...went from 3.5 to 5.0...restarted...went into settings and changed the user name and password(see post 233) restarted...stole my fiance's phone (non iPhone) sent myself a mms from her phone...RECEIVED...sent random pic from my iPhone to her phone...SENT....WOO HOO!

JustinCarpenter

Bronze
Mar 24, 2009
Michigan
worked great for me...im a pc user...dl'd the ipcc file(see post 34), shift click check for updates, change file from ipsw to ipcc clicked open it updated...went from 3.5 to 5.0...restarted...went into settings and changed the user name and password(see post 233) restarted...stole my fiance's phone (non iPhone) sent myself a mms from her phone...RECEIVED...sent random pic from my iPhone to her phone...SENT....WOO HOO!
Screenshot?

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've been "watching"' these forums for a while and though I would really like to enjoy the 3.0 update, I am, alas, not a developer nor a beta tester. The fact that even the 3.0 version, as it currently stands now, will undergo a few more updates before the public release is what makes me uneasy about "cheating" and installing it from a site like Rapidshare. Don't they have security tests to ensure that you are in fact a developer or a beta tester? And also, with subsequent beta updates, you'd have to be proactive to find out where they are being posted to download since you wouldn't officially be receiving them from Apple. Sounds questionably involved, to say the least.

Another thing that makes me uneasy is the last post which read:
"I saw on Mac Forums that someone talked to an AT&T rep and was told that the reason they stopped us from getting mms is because Apple adding mms voilated their contract with AT&T and they don't feel responsible for making the mms work on their system. Well thats my take on it. At least Apple made the announcement to the public because they can't go back on their promise for mms now, lets hope."
Is the above true? And if so, will this create obstacles for Apple's release of MMS under AT&T in the U.S.? I wonder if they will append a current plan or create a different package altogether and charge extra for MMS?

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
I've been "watching"' these forums for a while and though I would really like to enjoy the 3.0 update, I am, alas, not a developer nor a beta tester. The fact that even the 3.0 version, as it currently stands now, will undergo a few more updates before the public release is what makes me uneasy about "cheating" and installing it from a site like Rapidshare. Don't they have security tests to ensure that you are in fact a developer or a beta tester? And also, with subsequent beta updates, you'd have to be proactive to find out where they are being posted to download since you wouldn't officially be receiving them from Apple. Sounds questionably involved, to say the least.

Another thing that makes me uneasy is the last post which read: Is the above true? And if so, will this create obstacles for Apple's release of MMS under AT&T in the U.S.? I wonder if they will append a current plan or create a different package altogether and charge extra for MMS?
It is checked, and if you have been reading these forums you would know that if your UUID is registered as a developer from someone who is part of the developer progam all is good.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
It is checked, and if you have been reading these forums you would know that if your UUID is registered as a developer from someone who is part of the developer progam all is good.
I guess I what I'm saying is are there any more developers who need program testers? I am a conscientious beta tester for games as well. :laugh2::cool:

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
I only paid $4 for my UUID to be registered.. pony up a little cash and that should do the trick, not bad compared to $100 (plus this once your UUID is registered it is on the developers list forever unless it is removed by the person who registered you).

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Okay. Who do I pony up this $4 to? And how do I go about getting this UUID? Is there an Apple site I should go on to register as a beta tester?

BoogityBoy

Jul 17, 2007
Please keep on topic. Everytime I get an email response to this thread I get excited thinking that AT&T/Apple have finally got MMS up and running, only to be welcomed by some bonehead conversation on how to become a beta tester. There is plenty of evidence on 3.0 and how to get it without having to highjack the most important pending issue with the software update. That is all.......

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Please keep on topic. Everytime I get an email response to this thread I get excited thinking that AT&T/Apple have finally got MMS up and running, only to be welcomed by some bonehead conversation on how to become a beta tester. There is plenty of evidence on 3.0 and how to get it without having to highjack the most important pending issue with the software update. That is all.......
Pardon me for being a "bonehead". I didn't realize you ran this forum. :(

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
unsubscribe to the thread, trust me. There will be a new thread when MMS is readily available, lock the thread admins if it is "hijacked".

shillingem

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Greensboro, NC
Watcher, I am glad that you joined the forums and the community here at EIC, but some of us do look at these forums as a way to stay up to date on an app or feature. I hope that you will respect that and post your comments and questions in another thread.
-E