iPhone 3G Cases Customer Review Section

NoRegrets78

Jul 25, 2008
Got my case-mate naked case after almost a month of waiting...

Def not worth the wait.

The case arrived OEM style, no retail packaging but they were kind enough to include a note saying the packaging was being revised and they didn't want anyone to have to wait any longer than they have to. Don't really care personally but others might.

My excitement was cut short when I saw a bad scratch on the back and the front plate was cracked at the bottom. At first I was like "ok, I waited long enough for this maybe I'll just deal with it" until I put it on the 3g iPhone. The fitment was less than stellar, with gaps in the top where it should be a flush mate. The face shield can stick to the iPhone's screen causing a temporary "wet" effect where it sticks only where you hvae touched (yes I have cleaned the screen and the faceplate). The lock button is so recessed my larger type finger cannot fit in the hole very easily and pushing in to hit the button is met with a sharp plastic edge which isn't very comfortable. Seems all the buttons are this way. The case itself is pretty thick which made it impossible to use in any hip holster. Didn't realize this was how they are made which is my fault.

I have sent an email to case-mate customer support requesting refund. Picked up a front shield from "invisibleshield" and if that works out well I'll get the backing for it.

chimera

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
Same here John, the more I look at it the more I like it. Any idea when it's going to be released?
There was a date on the site Aug 14 but I think thet removed the date. Hope it's a good fit when it finally is available; I definitely want one...

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I just received the new iSkin Revo case and holster. Great case, fits perfectly, has the protection for the headset jack and also the connection where the charger is attached, all perfectly fitted. The plastic screen protector also fits well on the front and back (for storage) of the case, no issues. Shipping was fast as it was shipped the very next day after ordering, I ordered late afternoon so there was no way it could go out the same day. Took about a week to receive it via UPS Ground shipping which was okay since it has to go through Customs.
Im a firm believer in communication especially when it comes to a businesss transaction, that being said I have written to iSkin on 3 different occasions and have yet to receive a response. I figure if their customer service is that bad BEFORE I send them my money whats it going to be like AFTER?

Chances are I'll wait and purchase from Speck.

C130

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Im a firm believer in communication especially when it comes to a businesss transaction, that being said I have written to iSkin on 3 different occasions and have yet to receive a response. I figure if their customer service is that bad BEFORE I send them my money whats it going to be like AFTER?

Chances are I'll wait and purchase from Speck.
I emailed them at least three times before ordering and always got a response by the next day at the latest. Their communications with me was excellent so too bad you haven't had the same experience. I used the link on their web site and they were excellent at answering all my questions in a timely manner.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Just received an email from Speck, their Tough Skin Rugged Rubber Case for the iPhone 3G is now in stock.

I'm going to order mine in the morning.

Tug

N

nec

IMO Having a protective case on an iPhone kinda shows you are clumsy enough to drop it that you need that protection. It reminds me of this movie where the mom taped a thick foam on her son because he is going for soccer practice LoL. I like it simple and leave it the way it is. I like the way it looks without the case it shows that you can handle delicate things. How can you enjoy your phone if you are going to cover it? Just imagine Getting a ferarri and wrapping it with some kind of plastic case while driving so you don't get dents ROFL. Then again its just an opinion. Relax its just a phone!

chimera

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
Opinions are nice but they won't help when someone else needs to make a call on your phone. I hope you're not the sort that will deny a friend in an emergency? Can you imagine the feeling as a close friend fumbles your naked iPhone 3G and it slips from his hands like a wet bar of soap?

"CRACK-A-LACK!" " -Oops, Oh, I'm soo sorryyyyy...I hope it was insured?"

Everyone has dropped something sometime. Clumsiness is not a permanent recurring disability; it can overtake the surest of grips and the steadiest of hands when footing is suddenly unsure or the attention is taken off guard. The wise among us are well aware of this. And a broken screen from a 3 foot drop is not cool. The sobering word "fragility" comes to mind.

A case is the next best thing to insurance and can make the difference between an unscathed iPhone and a replacement iPhone, but yeah, a naked iPhone looks better to me for what it's worth.

How can I enjoy my phone by covering it? I can enjoy it just fine thanks. It works the same covered or uncovered.

I see no point in showing others how well I can handle delicate things. That might come in handy if I was an egg handler or circus juggler or something though...

So yes, let's all relax; it's just a phone, if you don't mind the daily thought of risking $600 for a new one.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
IMO Having a protective case on an iPhone kinda shows you are clumsy enough to drop it that you need that protection. It reminds me of this movie where the mom taped a thick foam on her son because he is going for soccer practice LoL. I like it simple and leave it the way it is. I like the way it looks without the case it shows that you can handle delicate things. How can you enjoy your phone if you are going to cover it? Just imagine Getting a ferarri and wrapping it with some kind of plastic case while driving so you don't get dents ROFL. Then again its just an opinion. Relax its just a phone!

Making a generalization like calling someone clumsy because they want a protective case for their cell phone is IMO narrow minded. Did you ever think that because the iPhone is no longer in the individuals front pocket/purse and in a holster strapped to their side that it can and will inadvertently fall out and onto the ground? Is it wrong to take the necessary precautions and make sure the phone is protected if such a thing happens?

You made reference to a Ferrari, do you not have a car? Are you not insured? According to your logic you don't need auto insurance since you never make mistakes or have any accident's. Must be nice to live in a perfect world

Good thing I'm relaxed and realize it's just a phone, otherwise I would have been offended... lol

FWIW I ordered my case today :)

N

nec

Opinions are nice but they won't help when someone else needs to make a call on your phone. I hope you're not the sort that will deny a friend in an emergency? Can you imagine the feeling as a close friend fumbles your naked iPhone 3G and it slips from his hands like a wet bar of soap?

"CRACK-A-LACK!" " -Oops, Oh, I'm soo sorryyyyy...I hope it was insured?"

Everyone has dropped something sometime. Clumsiness is not a permanent recurring disability; it can overtake the surest of grips and the steadiest of hands when footing is suddenly unsure or the attention is taken off guard. The wise among us are well aware of this. And a broken screen from a 3 foot drop is not cool. The sobering word "fragility" comes to mind.

A case is the next best thing to insurance and can make the difference between an unscathed iPhone and a replacement iPhone, but yeah, a naked iPhone looks better to me for what it's worth.

How can I enjoy my phone by covering it? I can enjoy it just fine thanks. It works the same covered or uncovered.

I see no point in showing others how well I can handle delicate things. That might come in handy if I was an egg handler or circus juggler or something though...

So yes, let's all relax; it's just a phone, if you don't mind the daily thought of risking $600 for a new one.

I agree with what you are saying But I think everybody is missing one scenario from one of the members here who had an iPhone WITH A CASE dropped it and still cracked if its gonna crack its gonna crack. If a friend of mine is in an emergency situation I wouldn't deny any helping hand even if it cost me my iPhone thus ITS JUST A PHONE... what is $600 in an event of an emergency. I will rather keep my friend than a phone. thanks. ;)

N

nec

Making a generalization like calling someone clumsy because they want a protective case for their cell phone is IMO narrow minded. Did you ever think that because the iPhone is no longer in the individuals front pocket/purse and in a holster strapped to their side that it can and will inadvertently fall out and onto the ground? Is it wrong to take the necessary precautions and make sure the phone is protected if such a thing happens?

You made reference to a Ferrari, do you not have a car? Are you not insured? According to your logic you don't need auto insurance since you never make mistakes or have any accident's. Must be nice to live in a perfect world

Good thing I'm relaxed and realize it's just a phone, otherwise I would have been offended... lol

FWIW I ordered my case today :)
I'm very sorry If I ever offended anyone believe me it was done uncosciously. But obsessing over a phone isn't my cup of tea and I'm sorry if I feel different about it. Somebody from this forum dropped the iPhone while inside a case and still got their screen cracked and i find everybody else still follows the trend I wont be surprised if they make a permanent neck strap for fail safe protection for iPhone and see obsessed people still buys it.:laugh2: In reference of the ferarri you must have misunderstood my logic again or I misunderstood yours? So you mean to say your car is also wrapped in some kind of protective case while driving around or its also strapped in a holster on your side ROFL?:laugh2:. I wasn't referring to insurance on that statement , if i was then then Allstate, Geico, and State Farm are offering insurance for iPhones for a certain amount.
"I would know thing first before i talk than talk and then know things" LOL

chimera

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
One instance of damage within a case means all cases will fail, even the thick rubber one that Im getting? Be reasonable. I'm not trying to down anyone but common sense is common sense. I stand by every word I've said. $600 may be worth an emergency but what if it is just a favor? I would not feel comfy letting anyone use my phone without a case. That's just careless IMO.

N

nec

One instance of damage within a case means all cases will fail, even the thick rubber one that Im getting? Be reasonable. I'm not trying to down anyone but common sense is common sense. I stand by every word I've said. $600 may be worth an emergency but what if it is just a favor? I would not feel comfy letting anyone use my phone without a case. That's just careless IMO.

Im not the one who started the emergency usage issue i just replied and what kind of friends would pose great risk of damage, should they be forbidden inside your house as well unless everything is covered with a thick rubber case?. If its a favor, how long does one use a phone? 2-4-10 mins max. you are not letting them take it home are you? To each his own.

chimera

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
Im not the one who started the emergency usage issue i just replied and what kind of friends would pose great risk of damage, should they be forbidden inside your house as well unless everything is covered with a thick rubber case?. If its a favor, how long does one use a phone? 2-4-10 mins max. you are not letting them take it home are you? To each his own.
Household furniture and other items in my house are not as likely be handled and dropped; your attempt to use this as an example has no ground to stand on. Phones are regularly handled with much more frequency than say an expensive vase or piece of furniture. Not a week goes buy when I am asked by someone to use my phone. I still stand by all of my origional statements to have the phone protected is the best idea. But as you say to each his own.
I respect your right to disagree no matter how illogical your opinion seems to me. Good luck with your iPhone if indeed you actually have one. Not saying you don't.

N

nec

I wonder what happen to
I hope you're not the sort that will deny a friend in an emergency?.
LOL

Household furniture and other items in my house are not as likely be handled and dropped; your attempt to use this as an example has no ground to stand on. Phones are regularly handled with much more frequency than say an expensive vase or piece of furniture. Not a week goes buy when I am asked by someone to use my phone. I still stand by all of my origional statements to have the phone protected is the best idea. But as you say to each his own.
I respect your right to disagree no matter how illogical your opinion seems to me. Good luck with your iPhone if indeed you actually have one. Not saying you don't.
In that case you will still have to buy a "thick rubber case" just in case they want to see an expensive vase inside your house because we will never know if they just lift it up and look at it. LOL. If someone is really looking for protection i suggest getting it covered by insurance or look for another set of friends who don't have tendencies to break things than to lose a precious phone. Yes i have 4 3g's and all of them are without case. As i said whats the point of getting something nice and coating it with some rubber case to preserve it for a couple of years and end up finding that a newer iPhone is comming out then the cycle repeats. ROFL. Maybe they are preserving the iPhone to pass it on the next generation LMAO!:laugh2:
Interesting people in this forum. Im glad i found this site. If that case come in with a guaranty that the phone will not break then maybe its a different situation LOL

chimera

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
The first part of you post was bogus; I already told you furniture/vases aren't generally handled blah blah, and by emergency I meant not life or death, but I will comment a little on this part:

Yes i have 4 3g's and all of them are without case. As i said whats the point of getting something nice and coating it with some rubber case to preserve it for a couple of years and end up finding that a newer iPhone is comming out then the cycle repeats. ROFL. Maybe they are preserving the iPhone to pass it on the next generation LMAO!:laugh2:

Interesting people in this forum. Im glad i found this site. If that case come in with a guaranty that the phone will not break then maybe its a different situation LOL
The point is most people would like to sell their unscratched phones at a premium price when it's time to renew... ROFL! How can you be so utterly, utterly clueless? Oh yeah, you are the only one in perhaps a thousand who doesn't need any sort of protection for his iPhone! Oh, I'm sorry; his 4 PHONES!

Pssst! What the hey are you doing with 4 3G phones anyway kiddo? Since you can't use them all at once I assume you are either letting others use them or you have some sort of iPhone fettish. If other people are using them without cases then your story of not being clumsy is no longer meaningful because you are letting OTHER people use them. And don't give me that one in a million post of the guy who dropped his iPhone while it was in a case story; it's just too lame. It's like saying because you saw ONE car accident in the news you will never drive again even though everyone else continues to drive. It's like saying because your friend got struck by lightning you will never go outdoors again. Gimme a break! Like you cannot concieve the guys iPhone had a rare, critical defective screen stress condition to begin with....The more I read your posts the more I see what a crock of bull you are trying to pass. Sorry; sounds like a tall tale to me unless you can post a pic of your 4 3G phones all together. ...NOTTTT!;)
Now that you are caught fibbing how can you now expect anyone to believe your opinions or remarks, not that you are making a lick of sense so far!

But keep it comming; I enjoy a good laugh. LOL!

N

nec

The first part of you post was bogus; I already told you furniture/vases aren't generally handled blah blah, and by emergency I meant not life or death, but I will comment a little on this part:

The point is most people would like to sell their unscratched phones at a premium price when it's time to renew but looks like you love to give yours away scratched up apparently; or do you simply toss them in the trash after a year or two? Nice to finally meet Mr. moneybags though! ROFL! How can you be so clueless? Oh yeah, you are the only one in perhaps a thousand who doesn't need any sort of protection for his iPhone!

What the hey are you doing with 4 3G phones anyway? Sounds like a tall tale to me unless you can post a pic of them all together. NOT!;)
LOL!
In reference to the vase and furniture i believe you were to one who mentioned it in the first place even tho its so random then again i cant blame you it was your idea. Who said anything about life and death? i didn't recall typing those words I believe its your own words again. Pls. keep up.

Unscratches cellphones? as i said if you are that kind of a clumsy fellow to drop, scratch or what else god knows what you do with your phone other than making phone calls and other functions I cant blame you well thats you thats your businesss if thats what makes you happy good for you LoL's. I just use it as a regular phone & occational email. I think a protective case is not the answer maybe more like lifestyle or behavioral change if ever i have distructive habits. :eek:

Talking about best protection to your phone your answer is "thick rubber case" IMO i would stick to insurance. Not that i have one but if you talk about best protection nothing beats insurance. Think.

My family is now at Shelter Island when they get back from vacation i will take some snaps of your worshiped phone without cases. Pls. don't hate me if i make good money its not my fault.:laugh2:

"Envy is our most dangerous enemy":laugh2: