iPhone 4 drop test: the results are in

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
@fury, just wondering why it was in your pocket after trashing it on the parking lot asphalt. Could it still make calls in that state, or could you not bear to part with an old friend?

btw, we now know that you don't wear glasses. Anyone who wears glasses (including yours truly) knows that the shirt pocket is merely a layover on the way to the floor.

Dreadfully sorry for your loss.

-K

ReeseyCup79

Bronze
Jun 7, 2010
Greenback, TN
Drop test 1: as I was getting into the car after picking up my iPhone 4. Results: tiny scratching along the plastic gasket

Drop test 2: on the store floor at a supermarket. Nothing significantly different this time.

Drop test 3: in the parking lot of a convenience store, while dumping ice into the cooler. Results: see attached image.

Drop test 4: into the lake while bending over and rinsing off my hand after catching a fish that bled all over me. Results: no more iPhone 4 :mope:

Moral of the story: don't put your iPhone 4 into a shirt pocket :eek:k:eek:k

I will miss you, iPhone 4. I hardly knew ye.
Wow! I believe if u ever get another iPhone u should buy an outterbox case and wrap that in thick bubble wrap! that would also help it float. Lol, jk, sorry for the lose

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
@fury, just wondering why it was in your pocket after trashing it on the parking lot asphalt. Could it still make calls in that state, or could you not bear to part with an old friend?

btw, we now know that you don't wear glasses. Anyone who wears glasses (including yours truly) knows that the shirt pocket is merely a layover on the way to the floor.

Dreadfully sorry for your loss.

-K
Only the back of it was cracked at that point. I kept it in my pants pocket except for when I was actively taking pictures with it, and it slipped my mind that it was in my shirt pocket as I knelt down to get my hand rinsed off

BTW, according to that link to the otterbox, it's been discontinued. :(

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Im actually looking at my iPhone right now in a paranoid state thinking im going to drop and break it. Im not going within 20 yards of water for the foreseeable future...

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Only the back of it was cracked at that point. I kept it in my pants pocket except for when I was actively taking pictures with it, and it slipped my mind that it was in my shirt pocket as I knelt down to get my hand rinsed off

BTW, according to that link to the otterbox, it's been discontinued. :(
I do believe that the Armor series of Otterbox was only made for the first generation phone, and has been discontinued. Completely lost your phone. Unbelievable.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Dude, you've been a member here for a long time, and I woulda thought you had more wisdom than to allow any of those things to happen, much less dropping it in the water!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

ReeseyCup79

Bronze
Jun 7, 2010
Greenback, TN
When the iPhones first came out I bought one for me and my wife. Not to long after my wife took hers to the lake, and yes, she dropped it. I was in shock. Well she managed to dive in after it, and when she found it, the first thing she did was turn it on. lol.

I always keep ziplock bags in my car now :)