iPhone 4 or Android

iPhoneuser666

Silver
Jun 13, 2010
I have played with Android, Windows Mobile and have been an iPhone owner since iPhone 3GS. I find that the iPhone OS provides the most features for me, without much flaw, and is the simplest to use. The software is supported for at least 2 years, giving you any critical updates that may be needed. I also know thanks to some research and experience with friends' Android phones that, due to the frequency of new Android phones coming out, the software updates often get shut out of the previous Android models, sometimes critical software updates that are needed to fix major problems. After dealing with so many problems when I used WM, I jumped ship to the iPhone and found out that the user experience was so much better, not only with Apple, but with AT&T. Verizon never really helped us when our phones started having serious problems and malfunctioning. Best I can say is experiment and see what's best for you, but to also keep these points in mind. In a lot of cases, you are getting a better quality product when you buy Apple.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I have played with Android, Windows Mobile and have been an iPhone owner since iPhone 3GS. I find that the iPhone OS provides the most features for me, without much flaw, and is the simplest to use. The software is supported for at least 2 years, giving you any critical updates that may be needed. I also know thanks to some research and experience with friends' Android phones that, due to the frequency of new Android phones coming out, the software updates often get shut out of the previous Android models, sometimes critical software updates that are needed to fix major problems. After dealing with so many problems when I used WM, I jumped ship to the iPhone and found out that the user experience was so much better, not only with Apple, but with AT&T. Verizon never really helped us when our phones started having serious problems and malfunctioning. Best I can say is experiment and see what's best for you, but to also keep these points in mind. In a lot of cases, you are getting a better quality product when you buy Apple.
Very well said. I second that motion.

Jeffmedic

Bronze
Sep 30, 2010
You have to consider another thing: once you buy an Android phone within a month (or less) your phone is obsolete. There are so many Android based phones and only one iPhone for an entire year. That's my biggest factor.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Really? So people only used the droid x for a month? Which droid phone made it obsolete a month (or less) later?

JohnnyDrama

Oct 28, 2010
If there is anything I have found out in finding my smartphone it has been that people love to bash Apple and the iPhone 4.

Why? Good question. Unless you live in the middle of the country the reception is fine, the design is incredible, the apps are endless, the screen clarity is unmatched, and there are just about 100 more reasons to get an iPhone over a droid.

In my opinion a droid is a broke mans iPhone. Call me crazy but I have never been more impressed and pleased with a piece of technology in my whole life. The number one reason droid users critique iPhone users is because it's on Att, not because it's better than their device. It's not.

#Apple4life.

iPhoneuser666

Silver
Jun 13, 2010
Really? So people only used the droid x for a month? Which droid phone made it obsolete a month (or less) later?
The Droid 2 and the Droid Pro. Both have been released at approximately the same time. IMO, anytime a phone company is offering a "Buy one phone get one, two or three free", it doesn't sound like a very good phone if they're trying to get rid of it. ;)

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
I owned first Gen iPhone then 3gs , Droid 1 , Incredible, and Droid X , left them all and went back to iPhone 4
International phone " you can use it anywhere in the world , just change the sim card"
Everything you want , Apps either from the App store or Cydia
The only phone that doesn't feel funny in my hand , didn't feel like i'll smash it by holding it like some Android phones " incredible "
My advice is , go with the better Coverage , If att is better go with iPhone4
If verison is better , Wait till they get their iPhone " they say Jan 2011 or earlier "
but Either or , Get the iPhone
If you are gonna get the iPhone from verizon don't rush to the first release , wait and check if people are getting bugs and stuff they get the fixed release :D
Good Luck , iPhone ftw

iPhoneGina

Aug 7, 2010
I considered the Captivate before I got my iPhone 4 so I couldn't make a comparison there. But when I wanted a tablet I first bought the Samsung galaxy s instead of the iPad. Please don't laugh but I just found it to be too much work to customize. I want simple easy to use right out of the box. I don't care about being tied down to Apple because I don't have the slightest idea about jailbreak.

Ok so my job got pays for our iPhone service but I was hooked since day one. So I only had the Android tablet 2 days before I exchanged for an iPad. IMO I made the better choice.

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Uh... did you even read my post before you made your comment? Where, in my post, did you read that "people only used the droid x for a month" ? Please, point it out. That's right you can't, because I didn't say that. :022:really I SAID: that after a month or so your droid os phone would be obsolete. Simply because the newest, latest, greatest droid phone would be on the market and yours would be yesterday's news. Not so with an iPhone.
Seriously, read before you post.

Jeffmedic

Bronze
Sep 30, 2010
So the droid x is obsolete? I'm pretty sure that isn't true at all. Maybe u should think before u post. There are great phones besides the iPhone. You don't need to get all upset and bitter because you're wrong. The droid x isn't obsolete. Neither is the evo. That's why people still buy them. They have things to offer too. Ok go ahead and get really mad gramps.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
So the droid x is obsolete? I'm pretty sure that isn't true at all. Maybe u should think before u post. There are great phones besides the iPhone. You don't need to get all upset and bitter because you're an idiot. It's ok
And where did u read him calling you names? Point that out to us please I'm curious

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
So the droid x is obsolete? I'm pretty sure that isn't true at all. Maybe u should think before u post. There are great phones besides the iPhone. You don't need to get all upset and bitter because you're an idiot. It's ok
Actually if it's not now, it will be very soon. After all the Droid 2 is out and the Droid pro is also out. But then you know that since you're an Android fanboy coming here to only troll. I took the bait, but that's okay what can we expect from a kid with a computer. You start calling me names when I simply point out that I didn't say what you read. Oh, and by the way. I'm guessing you'll be banned now for calling names on this forum. Buh, bye.

Jeffmedic

Bronze
Sep 30, 2010
Actually if it's not now, it will be very soon. After all the Droid 2 is out and the Droid pro is also out. But then you know that since you're an Android fanboy coming here to only troll. I took the bait, but that's okay what can we expect from a kid with a computer. You start calling me names when I simply point out that I didn't say what you read. Oh, and by the way. I'm guessing you'll be banned now for calling names on this forum. Buh, bye.
Actually I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. But I also know there are other great phones. Looks like you're the biased iPhone fanboy. It's pathetic all u guys get mad over other phone companies. Seriously that's a pathetic life. People come here to get advice and u get mad and talk $hit about phones. Get a life

Jeffmedic

Bronze
Sep 30, 2010
Actually I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. But I also know there are other great phones. Looks like you're the biased iPhone fanboy. It's pathetic all u guys get mad over other phone companies. Seriously that's a pathetic life. People come here to get advice and u get mad and talk $hit about phones. Get a life
And when those phones are out the droid x will still be a great phone.

Jeffmedic

Bronze
Sep 30, 2010
Ya I like the iPhone 4 better. I'd rather have a bigger screen tho. Do u feel better about yourself talking $hit about another PHONE? that's so funny man! Sweet life

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Why is that to you what phones I like or dislike? There's few droids I wouldn't mind owning but the droid x is ugly like you, either way this is an Apple's forum what do you expect?